FIXD:Strange things happening in q3bsp map within DarkPlaces

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
Qrv

FIXD:Strange things happening in q3bsp map within DarkPlaces

Post by Qrv »

Making a map for use within DarkPlaces, NetRadiant editor from the Nexuiz download, technically have no problems making the map, compiling it.

However, observe this picture:

Two problems here, why are the zombies fullbright? Theres a light on the little platform between them (no flame effect for it yet).

And what are these strange fullbright pixels on the players legs? During the animation, the fullbright leg pixels become very apparent, although the screenshot doesnt really make it easy to see.

EDIT:

Some people in the IRC suggest making a shelf underneath the zombies, to see if this effected their lighting, it didnt help.
And even with RTWorld turned on, same problem:

Last edited by Qrv on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm looking for a Mapper, Modeller/Animator and a Sound effect/Music person, to work on an exciting project. PM Me here, or catch me on IRC for further info.
Qrv

Re: Strange things happening in q3bsp map within DarkPlaces.

Post by Qrv »

SOLVED:

After some tedious messing around with config.cfg's, I have my r_hdr_glowintensity set to 8 for some effects I use.

Even with r_bloom and r_hdr set to 0, the r_hdr_glowintensity effects _glow textures.

The new high-res monster skins have very strange _glow textures, and with r_hdr_glowintensity set to 8, it causes that fullbright look.
Setting r_hdr_glowintensity to 1 doesnt fix the problem, as it seems to be the textures themselves have been badly made ( the _glow ones ).

So, for those of you using the new monster skins, the ones from Quake: Reforged, you'l possibly want to edit the _glow textures, or even remove them completely, to not have this issue.
I'm looking for a Mapper, Modeller/Animator and a Sound effect/Music person, to work on an exciting project. PM Me here, or catch me on IRC for further info.