hmap2.exe hlwad textures problem

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
Zajoman

hmap2.exe hlwad textures problem

Post by Zajoman »

Hi, bros.

I'm using Quaked WC 3.3 and DarkPlaces engine to run my map. I'm trying to create a colored light. I've been fiddling with it a lot, but I can't figure out how to go about that. I can compile my map with the standard QuakeAdapter WC tools without a single problem. However, I have no idea how to use the hmap2.exe in this. When I simply replace the bsp, vis and light programs by hmap2.exe, it cannot work with the wads, saying:

"\program files\worldcraft\textures\id_base.hlwad" is not a quake WAD2 archive
Could not find wad "\program files\worldcraft\textures\id_base.hlwad" using -wadpath options or in the same directory as the map or it's parent directory, so there!

The compiler gets stuck afterwards. I can terminate it and the map actually gets compiled, but without textures. However, the colored light is there and works as intended. :)

What am I doing wrong? What compilers should I use? The QuakeAdapter ones are the very basic ones and should be replaced... or?

A side question: I should probably get a different FGD file, other than the Adapter one, right? Because in that FGD is just plain Quake, as it seems.