Missing textures

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
Zajoman

Missing textures

Post by Zajoman »

Hi there, bros.

It's been a long time I did mapping and a lot of things have changed since then, so I'm a lil bit confused.

I'm using the Quaked Worldcraft 3.3 to build a simple map, using only the provided textures and tools. Everything runs smoothly, but when I compile the map, I get a warning from txqbsp.exe "WARNING: No valid wadfiles in worldmodel" and when I run the map in darkplaces.exe, all textures are missing, rendering as grey squares. I don't think I did anything out of ordinary here. Or did I?

Thanks in advance.
Nahuel

Re: Missing textures

Post by Nahuel »

maybe the wad file is corrupted, I do not know :( , i use quark :lol:
hi, I am nahuel, I love quake and qc.
Zajoman

Re: Missing textures

Post by Zajoman »

Nahuel wrote:maybe the wad file is corrupted, I do not know :( , i use quark :lol:
If the file was corrupted, I couldn't even use it for mapping, I would guess. I believe there is a more rudimentary problem here.
metlslime

Post by metlslime »

I would first read that error as "NO wadfiles in worldspawn" and then "couldn't find the wad file" -- check the worldspawn for a "wad" key, and then if there is a wad specified, check the path.
Zajoman

Post by Zajoman »

metlslime wrote:I would first read that error as "NO wadfiles in worldspawn" and then "couldn't find the wad file" -- check the worldspawn for a "wad" key, and then if there is a wad specified, check the path.
Okay, so the problem was actually that my Quake was not on C drive, the same as WC. Apparently, it has issues. :) Thank you, anyway, bro.