tie a brush to an entity?

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
ThePlasticBling

tie a brush to an entity?

Post by ThePlasticBling »

hi. I want to make a wall in worldcraft and tie it to an entity. but when i do and then test it, the wall isnt there.

this is what i want to tie it to:

Code: Select all

void() notwall =
{	
	self.solid = SOLID_BBOX;
	self.classname = "invalidwall";
};
but when i tie a brush to an entity called notwall, it doesn't show up
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

func_wall ?
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Spike

Post by Spike »

you need setmodel(self, self.model);
or the modelindex is not set.
Baker

Re: tie a brush to an entity?

Post by Baker »

ThePlasticBling wrote:hi. I want to make a wall in worldcraft and tie it to an entity. but when i do and then test it, the wall isnt there.

this is what i want to tie it to:

Code: Select all

void() notwall =
{	
	self.solid = SOLID_BBOX;
	self.classname = "invalidwall";
};
but when i tie a brush to an entity called notwall, it doesn't show up
This is a case of not explaining yourself properly like MH complained about with forum getting "bad questions" that don't really explain themselves. You have problem X and decided solution Y is the way and are asking about Y.

You aren't trying to make a brush into an entity, all you have to do is select a brush in Worldcraft and convert it to a func_wall or a func_door and that works fine. In fact, you already got this to work fine ... the brush is, in fact, an entity and not part of the world which is why it isn't showing.

What is it you are actually trying to do that isn't working?
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..