Pakscape/Pak Explorer commandline

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
daemonicky

Pakscape/Pak Explorer commandline

Post by daemonicky »

I want to add files to Quake pak in commandline. I have both Pakscape and Pak Explorer. Is it possible to do it and how?

Alternatively, do you know of any utility which can add files to pak in command line?

Spike

Post by Spike »

qcc can!
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

pak from the QuakeForge tools is a CLI tool to handle pak files. There is also a FUSE filesystem for PAK iirc.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
daemonicky

Post by daemonicky »

Spike wrote:qcc can!
Thanks. :)

ps:
Now I found, that using either pak programs is not necessary, you can just copy files into folder http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=3196 . Which solves my problem - I wanted to automatically compile and update progs.dat.
Spike

Post by Spike »

if I'm reading this right, its:
qcc -pak mygamedir pak0.pak
qcc -pak2 mygamedir pak1.pak

run it twice and you get two pak files.
of course, that requires that your precache_model and precache_model2 calls are not confused.

oh, and this feature is of more use to people that actually want to build the entire thing from scratch, what with the fact that you probably don't want to change all the precache_sound/file/model calls to choose which files are actually compiled...
blurgh, lazy.
alternatively you could feed it some dummy qc file with a lot of precache_file/precache_file2 calls.

or you can just... not. easier that way.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

I use this cool program called qpakman for almost everything
i should not be here