Custom Textures With Darkplaces And QuArK

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
Karall

Custom Textures With Darkplaces And QuArK

Post by Karall »

So, i have made some textures, that exceds the amount of colours in the quake palette, thus i can not use it in quake. I use darkplaces and im wondering, is it possible to make a .wad of this texture and thus using it in darkplaces? I also have a .wad making/editing program named TexMex.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

You have to make crappy Quake-paletted versions of the textures (using TexMex or something like that) and use them in the map. Then if you save your high-quality versions of the textures with the right filenames, they will replace the crappy textures in the map when you run it with DarkPlaces.

If your map texture is called "hello", then save the high-quality version as "textures/hello.tga" inside your mod directory. (So like "c:\quake\moddir\textures\hello.tga".)

For more info open dpextensions.qc and look up "DP_GFX_EXTERNALTEXTURES".
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Karall

Post by Karall »

Thanks Sajt, got it working :)
Goldgosting

Post by Goldgosting »

You have to make crappy Quake-paletted versions of the textures (using TexMex or something like that) and use them in the map. Then if you save your high-quality versions of the textures with the right filenames, they will replace the crappy textures in the map when you run it with DarkPlaces.

If your map texture is called "hello", then save the high-quality version as "textures/hello.tga" inside your mod directory. (So like "c:\quake\moddir\textures\hello.tga".)

For more info open dpextensions.qc and look up "DP_GFX_EXTERNALTEXTURES".
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Clever, Roboto san. But that's not enough.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Ranger366

Post by Ranger366 »

This is probably the most intelligent spam-bot i've ever seen.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

Not that smart, actually. It's just copying old posts in the thread.
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Ranger366

Post by Ranger366 »

frag.machine wrote:Not that smart, actually. It's just copying old posts in the thread.
That was sarcastic.
Nothing can trick us.