Having problems using clip

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
avirox

Post by avirox »

UFIA, if it's not working in-game then you are probably not running the megatf coop mod. You *need* the mod for this to work, since only mtf coop supports this entity (and extras_r4.. which may be NQ so you can use that, too). You have to set up a local quakeworld server using MVDSV XE, which I linked to, and the qwprogs which I also linked to in the same post.
UFIA

Post by UFIA »

I can't get the server to run. I officially give up. I'll leave the map making to people who know what they're doing. Thanks guys.

avirox, will you send me your server.cfg? I'm having lots of problems.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

keep trying to map give up on this till you understand the engine and tools better.
avirox

Post by avirox »

should be a server.cfg in this file. Extract it to your quake/fortress folder.

Also, how are you trying to run mvdsv xe and why is is not working?
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

Maybe UFIA could upload his .bsp file and Avirox could test it?

UFIA, don't give up mapping so quickly... I sense that the Force is strong in you. Have patience.

You only need to do the QW server setup thing once.

Mapping for a specific mod, and Quakeworld at that, is not the easy way to start. Mapping for vanilla Quake is easier. :)

Avirox, you should consider giving mappers a complete .fgd file with your new entities, plus a preconfigured local MegaTF server setup in a zip file. This would make it easier on people.
UFIA

Post by UFIA »

avirox wrote:should be a server.cfg in this file. Extract it to your quake/fortress folder.

Also, how are you trying to run mvdsv xe and why is is not working?
I've just been running it straight with no params. I edited the server.cfg correctly, I assume, but still it says progs.dat needs to be in qw dir and the server crashes
Spike

Post by Spike »

qwprogs.dat, not progs.dat
avirox's mvdsv xe is a quakeworld(only) engine.
UFIA

Post by UFIA »

Got the TF coop server running. One problem down. Thanks for the zip file avirox! I got your password now *evil laugh* It's ""
UFIA

Post by UFIA »

I'll just change the ladder to some stairs so I know it will work in any client. Thanks
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

the clip ladder from the one zip file I posted will also work in any client. It's your decision though.