Triggering multiple targets?

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
Baker

Triggering multiple targets?

Post by Baker »

I want to make something explode, a wall be removed and a trap activated.

I know how to do each, but I can't seem to figure out how to do all 3!

I've researched trigger_relay and such.

How do you have a trigger fire multiple targets or use trigger_relay to do multiple things?
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
Baker

Post by Baker »

Nevermind, heheh.

You can have 2 trigger relays have the same "Name" so a trigger_once with a target of "my_relay_triggers" and both are called "my_relay_triggers" and each does their own action.

I wish there was a mapping how-to part of the Quake Wiki on how to do this kind of stuff.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

http://www.bspquakeeditor.com/q1tutor/q_trigger.html wrote:

trigger_relay

This trigger is fired by other triggers (it can't be touched by the player). It allows you to have multiple actions take place when the player trips a single trigger. In order to have it fire, make it the target of another trigger. For instance, when a player enters a room, you could have the lights go out, a crusher activate and a door open, all in sequence rather than at the same time. You can set a delay value for each trigger so that they will fire in sequence. Each trigger can have it's own message if you want and as far as I know, there's no limit to the number of relays you can string together. Just remember you don't want your player standing there watching stuff happen for 20 minutes :-)
..Probably nothing you already don't know, but all I could find in a few seconds. Its not a in detail how to, but describes just some examples.