Best Toolset

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
Baker

Post by Baker »

The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
Downsider

Post by Downsider »

The latest version of Radiant, that I found on the official site, doesn't work in Windows 7, at least with my graphics card.

I'm a bit miffed.
Baker

Post by Baker »

I've spent the last hour or so messing around with GtkRadiant.

I would say that at least initially, it has the user-friendliness of ... um .. well it isn't user-friendly at all and quite non-obvious on how to do everything.

I'm also shocked by how poor the documentation is. :evil:

I suppose if you put a great amount of effort into learning it, it is a great editor that can do great things, but it has the user-friendliness and documentation friendliness of a hobgoblin.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..Downsider, NetRadiant works just fine in Windows 7 32/64. I would use it over the other older radiant versions(which I thought worked for me last time I tried in Win7). I've been using these pre-compiled builds from this guy Ingar with game packs already in there. Not sure how much more luck if any you will have running it if you can't run the older GTK builds. Worth a try... good luck
Baker

Post by Baker »

GtkRadiant flakes out on Vista a bit, but NetRadiant works fine.

http://dev.alientrap.org/wiki/7
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..That's good to know Baker. I haven't used anything but NetRadiant on Win7 for the most part. GTKRadiant would crash more frequently then NR even under XP sometimes for me.