GTKRadiant 1.5 + darkplaces

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
Protocol01

GTKRadiant 1.5 + darkplaces

Post by Protocol01 »

Hello all,

I've been itching to create a map using the darkplaces engine, and since gtkradiant 1.5 has this option available 'out of the box' I went ahead and used this instead of Worldcraft 3.3.

I can compile a map and run it no problem, but here is my dilemma:

Not all of the textures load into gtkradiant. I've downloaded and installed the rygel-dp-texturepack-high.pk3 and it is installed to:

C:\Program Files\Quake\Id1

The textures show up fine in darkplaces and in dpmod but only a certain few are showing up in gtkradiant, and it is only like 5 or so that show up.

Can someone please provide me with specific directions on how to get all the textures to load or show up in gtkradiant 1.5?

If I have to, I would be willing to use an older version of gtkradiant as long as I had specific directions on how to set up darkplaces in it.

Thanking you in advance,

Protocol01
Baker

Re: GTKRadiant 1.5 + darkplaces

Post by Baker »

Protocol01 wrote:Hello all,

I've been itching to create a map using the darkplaces engine, and since gtkradiant 1.5 has this option available 'out of the box' I went ahead and used this instead of Worldcraft 3.3.

I can compile a map and run it no problem, but here is my dilemma:

Not all of the textures load into gtkradiant. I've downloaded and installed the rygel-dp-texturepack-high.pk3 and it is installed to:

C:\Program Files\Quake\Id1

The textures show up fine in darkplaces and in dpmod but only a certain few are showing up in gtkradiant, and it is only like 5 or so that show up.

Can someone please provide me with specific directions on how to get all the textures to load or show up in gtkradiant 1.5?

If I have to, I would be willing to use an older version of gtkradiant as long as I had specific directions on how to set up darkplaces in it.

Thanking you in advance,

Protocol01
Your best bet is posting in the mapping help thread @ Func_Msgboard

http://www.celephais.net/board/view_thr ... start=9221

There are several mappers there that have experience with mapping in Quake with that editor.
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

Basically, any Quake map works in darkplaces as long as it doesn't use any weird entity hacks.

You should make your map with the normal Quake textures for example, and then later load hi-res replacement textures like the ones from the Quake Retexturing project. These are loaded at runtime though, the map is made with the standard Quake textures.