Map Wip

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
SamUK

Map Wip

Post by SamUK »

Hey , I have been working on a map for my project Solitude.
Just posting for for some C&C.

Rest at http://www.moddb.com/mods/sami/images/map8#imagebox
Any thoughts ?
Working on Solitude
Zylyx_

Post by Zylyx_ »

How come you are not being sued by Bungie or Micro$oft? Good effort though! :o

Unfortunately I was clever enough to bust up my PSP, get a new one with a warranty, and get it with 4.05 firmware, and the fact that my model is un-pandorable, it kinda sucks that I cant run any homebrew on it.
....noodle...
Urre

Post by Urre »

It does seem to capture the Halo feel alright, good work. You're gutsy though, like Zylyx_ said, there's a big risk doing stuff based on others IP, unless it's Star Wars...
I was once a Quake modder
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

The name is being changed so no worries there.
Working on Solitude
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Heh, intellectual property is more than just the name. I'd love this mod/game if it was unique and independant content. But this way I am too sad that talented people create content that cannot be "free". Not that it makes your stuff bad, it could just be so much better and reach a broader audience (I know of no free FPS with decent singleplayer/story for example). (By "free" I mean the free and open-source movement.)

But enough of that and to some hopefully helpful criticism. :)
You have some serious patterns in those "brown concrete" parts, I'd try reducing that or at least aligning it somewhat nicely. The bottom shot has a wrong texture face down on the left.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Baker

Post by Baker »

Spirit wrote:Heh, intellectual property is more than just the name. I'd love this mod/game if it was unique and independant content. But this way I am too sad that talented people create content that cannot be "free". Not that it makes your stuff bad, it could just be so much better and reach a broader audience (I know of no free FPS with decent singleplayer/story for example). (By "free" I mean the free and open-source movement.)

But enough of that and to some hopefully helpful criticism. :)
You have some serious patterns in those "brown concrete" parts, I'd try reducing that or at least aligning it somewhat nicely. The bottom shot has a wrong texture face down on the left.
The main problem with the name is that the name itself will always cause discussions about the name.

It will be impossible for focused threads to ever occur because no matter what the thread is about, the conversation will invariably be about the name.

This is fine if the goal of the project is to inspire a lot of conversation about the naming of projects and people's takes on intellectual property, but extremely damaging for all other purposes.