wip Berlin for my 1940 project...

Discuss the construction of maps and the tools to create maps for 3D games.
ceriux

wip Berlin for my 1940 project...

Post by ceriux »

really early screenshot of the berlin map in workin on.

right now there isnt much put in, but when im finished . im hoping to have the map full of detail.

(also for those who ask)
  • whats am i going to do different with my ww2 mod than the others?

honestly not much, what im hoping to achieve is to bring the quake community a new mod to host and play, with different gameplay than quake or teamfortress (and similar mods.) what i would like to make is an infantry based ww2 experience on the quake engine.
things i have done:
  • Teams
    Team Spawns
    Team Appearances
    Team Selection Menu
    Observer Mode
as you can tell the mod is based around teams admitantly similar to teamfotress, because in the future the teams will have each their own classes.

the game types i have planned are:
  • Team Deathmatch
    Objectives -attacking team trys to capture the defending teams object entitie.
    Conquest - DoD or BattleField style capture point flag system.
eventually i would like to have all content custom and even eventually stand-alone.

little more media: all content you see ingame now is purely for testing and development purposes nothing is final.

ALSO WOULD LIKE TO THANK ELECTRO AND WHO EVER ELSE HAS HELPED OR WILL HELP IN THE FUTURE, ALSO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN NICE ENOUGH TO MAKE TUTORIALS FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME TO LEARN OFF OF - JUST BECAUSE THIS PROJECT IS A BIG LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR ME. THANKS.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

I would strongly encourage you, since the project is early on, to do an alternate history ww2, or perhaps a completely fictional war in the same regions with different science.

I'm pretty WW2ed out myself, and I've already played it on the Quake engine.... Numerous times... If you would like we could discuss gameplay potential at greater length here, or on irc.

If you want it to feel 'infantry', then I would strongly emphasize classes which are markedly better when joined together, I would recommend moving away from grenades (or limiting them either through realism or inventory means), and making sure maps do not have choke point after choke point, because then it just turns into a meatgrinder, in a non-fun way.

And plan from the beginning for at least basic bot support, to help 'fill out' a game, and make it easier to test in some aspects.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

all good suggestions :D i had been considering it, but i wasnt sure if it was the way i was wanting to go.

although now that someone has mentioned it as a suggestion why not:D?

maybe a futuristic type of mod thats spliced with the look and feel of world war 2? :D

if you'd like to help with story or any type of content what so ever im open to anything... worthy :D

(also usually im on irc now . as long as im home) in the qc channel on anynet.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

I'll give some thought on the subject matter during the day today. At some point tonight I will be active on irc, though I cannot say when as I promised to spend some time with my wife.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

small update
Chris

Post by Chris »

Looking great man love the architecture. Hopefully you'll slap some textures on there; and show us something ingame?
ajay

Post by ajay »

Very nice; what editor are you using?
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

worldcraft
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

ww2 with drunk rocket launcher....that would be cool ;)
i agree the maps look well planed, or winged really good :D

i myself have been thinking of a nukular holokaust/biological warfare like...
bah
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

Well, i have decied to change the theme up a little bit, it'll be a fantasy war. with a futuristic scifi theme spliced up with similairitys to the look and feel of ww2 :D.
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

This looks cool, ceriux! I'm looking forward to seeing more screenshots! :)
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

Thanks, :D atm im working on a player mdl . but ill be sure to get more work done on the map after work sometime and post more up . :)
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

WIP so far... been far too busy lately...

now i dont claim my mdl'ing skills are leet or ne thing, and i really suck at organic meshes... but so far this is what i got on a start... it looks really lame atm but once finished will look a lot better.
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

i like the boots/feet, looks like they can do some skull crushing
the pigs are outside but noone cares
heavy jackboots up the stairs
it's the DF, what a joke
heeyyy maaan ya' waant some smoke?
bah
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

MeTcHsteekle wrote:i like the boots/feet, looks like they can do some skull crushing
the pigs are outside but noone cares
heavy jackboots up the stairs
it's the DF, what a joke
heeyyy maaan ya' waant some smoke?
i i got some smoke 8)