- QExpo Planning -

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Wazat wrote:What about August 10th - 20th, then? A ten day expo through the middle of the month.
Sounds good to me.
Harb

Post by Harb »

I declair Qexpo to be from the 10th to the 20th!

Right... we need a website ASAP!
><)))'>
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

I spoke to Santa, he says he's gonna try to find the php code from last time. Is Quakedev still hosting us? Do we still have Qexpo.com, or has that been lost?
Apathy Now!
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

Whether or not he finds the code, I'd be happy to help Santa. I'm getting a lot better at PHP, MySQL, and Flash, so I might be able to ease the burden of one person doing it all.

I'm look'n forward to this event!
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Harb

Post by Harb »

Any news?
><)))'>
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

Do we still have Qexpo.com, or has that been lost?
Qexpo.com is owned by this guy (at least until Nov 2005)...

http://www.worfie.net

Available domains:
qexpo.net
qexpo2005.com
quakeexpo.com
quakexpo.com

..actually, the list is endless.

I think you should go for xX---Q-U-A-K-E---E-X-P-O---2-0-0-5---Xx.com
(it's available!!!11)
8)
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Megazoid wrote:
Do we still have Qexpo.com, or has that been lost?

Qexpo.com is owned by this guy (at least until Nov 2005)...

http://www.worfie.net
Worfie is Ender's Registrar, Ender is the person who registered it for me. I'm the one who paid for it. So it's my domain.
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

How much did it cost, FrikaC? Maybe I could paypal a little over to you to help out.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
ajay

Post by ajay »

Wazat wrote:How much did it cost, FrikaC? Maybe I could paypal a little over to you to help out.
As I'm busy as anything, and can't help practically, I'd be more than happy to contribute some financial assistence in getting the thing running.
ajay

Post by ajay »

10th until the 20th of August then?, sounds cool. Except I'm away on holiday (in the sunny mountains of Wales) from the 13th until the 20th. Nevermind, if it opens on the 10th I can release my stuff (well my one thing) on the first day or so (work allowing), then catch up with all the goodies on my return.
I'm excited already :D
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

Me too.

What needs to be done to prepare? It's nearly June, and it may take some time to get the site up and running.

I have at least 2 things to release, possibly more if I can steal time from other things. And maybe steal some talent too, time allowing... ^_^
DARKHALO2K

Post by DARKHALO2K »

Yello everyone, hope all's well as I type this.
I'm hoping for QEXPO to be my first one as a participant and was wondering how we will be doing things!?
I seem to remember that each booth before comprised of a single webpage on the QEXPO site where the author could do with as they wish, am I right there?! Is that we will be doing this year?!
How about having one single page, with news updates up the top (e.g. "day three, 'so-and-so' has released an extra map via his booth") then "boothes" of a set size in pixels, filling up the rest of the page?! Each booth could have links to files/pictures, etc.
That's my two cents anyway, and yes, I know i'm an idiot.
If all goes well then I will be releasing a finished, polished and most importantly entertaining (I hope) Quake mod with dreamcast compatibility and extras.
Ho hum, thanks for your time. August here we come...
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Always great to meet new qcers :)

Yes, what you described is exactly how qexpo will be, if we get off our collective behinds and organise it.

The old Qexpo sites have both died for one reason or another, but here is a backup of most of the '03 Qexpo:

http://web.archive.org/web/200308030936 ... qexpo.com/

Have a look through and get a feel for it :)
Apathy Now!
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

If you anywhere near Newport (Wales) Ajay - Let me know, we can go for a pint 8)
ajay

Post by ajay »

Other end mate, up north near Conwy :)