- QExpo Planning -

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

SantaClaws, was it not?
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

I believe he did, yes.

Ok, so I've got the page up and running now with a nice FAQ.

Check it out at:

http://qexpo.quakedev.com./

Also we have an official forum for fun and mischief at:

http://www.quakedev.com/forums/index.php?board=49.0

as well as the obligitory #qexpo irc channel, on irc.anynet.org.
Apathy Now!
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

Hahaha! I was going to point out that both of the top images were from Q2, nothing from Q1, when I decided I'd better check if they were randomly selected. By hitting the refresh button I saved myself a lot of embarassment. ^_^

Looks good, Mauve!

edit: By the way, are those pictures just normal square pictures behind a mask of some sort? That would be a very cool way to do it.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

heh, no. Currently I've just gone the simple route of knocking together the images myself and using javascript to randomly select them. I know that what you suggested can be done with PHP, but I'm not nearly proficient enough for that :p
Apathy Now!
ajay

Post by ajay »

Love it! :)

It's got me so excited I've even done a day's worth of mapping

When I say a day, that's not mentionign that I did 3.5 hrs on the bike training, took me kids out, watched the tour on the tele, and cooked tea - but otehr than that I've done a day's worth.
Tei

Post by Tei »

MauveBib wrote:heh, no. Currently I've just gone the simple route of knocking together the images myself and using javascript to randomly select them. I know that what you suggested can be done with PHP, but I'm not nearly proficient enough for that :p
Its a really nice idea to mix all Quake* stuff. Congrats! :D
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Ok, noone will make the assumption Wazat did again - I've made it so there's always a quake 1 and a quake 2 image at the top, and ditto at the bottom.
Apathy Now!