What you would be working on for QExpo 2008

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

ajay wrote:Or going as Costello instead of Presley...
Hehehe :D
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

I'm currently working a good bit on Realms of Quake... I've got a good bit done, hardly any new content... mainly just progs.dat and scripts. I can't promise it'll be ready for the Expo. It's ready, when it's ready :)
Gleeb

Post by Gleeb »

I think I will make a Tower Defence game. It will contain bunnies and pillows and beautiful and unique snowflakes.

I'm thinking it'll have to be a total-conversion, because I will also be making an Xbox 360 version of it. Don't ask me why, I just will be >.<

QExpo is when please?
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

I'm sure I'd think of something to incompetently knock together at the last minute.
Apathy Now!
Urre

Post by Urre »

I'm doing whatever Mauve's doing. But then I'm also wondering what Gleeb's wondering. Also who's holding the expo?
I was once a Quake modder
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Urre wrote:Also who's holding the expo?
Jabba the hut.
Apathy Now!
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

MauveBib wrote:
Urre wrote:Also who's holding the expo?
Jabba the hut.
I heard it was Lando Calrissian at Cloud City.
Urre

Post by Urre »

No! It's a trap!
I was once a Quake modder
ShoTro

Post by ShoTro »

How do you get a "booth" for the expo? Sorry, I am a newbie, but I should have at least a few things ready by then.

At least maybe some tutorials for modeling or skinning in blender3D. My progress on models as well as "The Yellow Sign" project I am keeping on the grindstone.
Shoot everything that moves. When it stops moving shoot it again just for good measure.
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

I'm working on Monster Swarm, which we were discussing as a possible community project. Even if the community shows no interest, I'll probably finish the framework and send it out there for anyone to use. ;)

I have several things that still need work, but weapons for the most part are up and running. Now I'm working on making monsters spawn in waves and then prowl the level with malevolent intent. :twisted:

And then runes, which should be the easy part lol.

I also have one or two other quickies I may throw together for the expo, if I work up the time and commitment for them.

BTW, is there somewhere I can upload the things I create? I haven't heard from Horn in ages and I've not been able to access my website for years. Now that I'm getting back in the game, I'll need somewhere to deposit the mods for sharing etc.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Entar

Post by Entar »

Wazat wrote:BTW, is there somewhere I can upload the things I create? I haven't heard from Horn in ages and I've not been able to access my website for years. Now that I'm getting back in the game, I'll need somewhere to deposit the mods for sharing etc.
Echon offers free hosting for Quake projects at QuakeDev.com.
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

Excellent! I'll pursue that later tonight when I get home.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

modDB also has improved services and such for hosting files, plus you can track them by views and downloads and get comments. It's *very* different since you last used it in like 2003 for Galactix/Battlemech.

I personally wouldn't recommend QuakeDev. Not saying that i've used it but i've observed service nightmares and drama. I mean I still wonder why I can't admin the Qarchive anymore!
i should not be here
Entar

Post by Entar »

Weird. I've never had a problem with QuakeDev hosting. Echon just gives you a subdomain, and you manage it via FTP.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

So is qexpo happening?
Apathy Now!