Speed Project idea.

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

yay fimg
Entar

Post by Entar »

lol, nice.

When we actually do a speedmopping event, be sure to post at func_msgboard about it and get some teams setup before the start of the event, just so people don't have to scramble around for a team member during valuable development time - I'd say give 'em a good 4 or 5 days notice beforehand.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

MauveBib wrote:The main issue with this project is that you'd get 10 coders interested, 5 mappers and maybe 1 modeller.
Only too true, though you shouldn't forget about the people who have become multi-talented on at least one level or another.
Entar

Post by Entar »

Dr. Shadowborg wrote:
MauveBib wrote:The main issue with this project is that you'd get 10 coders interested, 5 mappers and maybe 1 modeller.
Only too true, though you shouldn't forget about the people who have become multi-talented on at least one level or another.
Agreed, but that still might leave us a bit short - we've got Error, Chillo, Dr. Shadowborg, RenegadeC(?), and Morphed, and then some of them might not be able to participate...
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

What about those of us who are neither multi-, nor single-, but null-talented?

I'm scar3crow and I support this thread.
Entar

Post by Entar »

scar3crow wrote:What about those of us who are neither multi-, nor single-, but null-talented?

I'm scar3crow and I support this thread.
You can be the moral support.

I'm Entar, and I support this thread because I believe we need a new speedmodding session.

Post by Error »

I'm Error and I support this thread... hell I started it.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Meh, Im not much of a moral support... but I can do news posts for it and write reviews of the final products and post those in the Articles section.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

<----{Moral supporter!}
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I'm a supporter but have no time...
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Quake Matt

Post by Quake Matt »

What about those of us who are neither multi-, nor single-, but null-talented?
Sounds like you're well qualified to be a project leader!
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

QuakeMatt - You made me actually "lol"

ModDb, GO! ; )
Entar

Post by Entar »

One fun idea for a theme would be to do something fun with the newly GPL'ed Quake maps (though that leans rather heavily toward the mappers)... just an idea.

EDIT: But then, with some interesting modifications (or just ripping parts from the old maps to do what we need) we could have a lot of fun code-wise...
neg!ke

Post by neg!ke »

i don't think the map sources offer so much potential for creative ideas (besides, there also is a speedmap planned based on them - which i doubt will work out as well).

i had a brief idea concerning "elements": the player has to fight/play/complete tasks in water, air, maybe lava. all interact with each other in some way, e.g. player has to kill fish to be able to survive out of water for a certain time, so he can explore the shore for something to make use of in the lava, and so on. or totally different realizations.. blah
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Sajt wrote:I'm a supporter but have no time...
I'm a supporter but I have no morals.