Quake Expo 2007? 2008?

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.

When do you think we should hold the next expo?

Go Annual (Next Expo in 2007)
57%
Stay Biennial (Next Expo in 2008)
32%
Stay Biennial (Next Expo in 2007 - count this years as a 'bonus')
11%

Total votes: 44

FrikaC
Site Admin

Quake Expo 2007? 2008?

Post by FrikaC »

Should we switch to annual or remain doing biennial Quake Expos? Do you think we should have an expo next year or not?
Last edited by FrikaC on Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

2008. If we go this way we'll be in consistency with the Qexpo on 2016 as the 20th anniversary.

(Time WILL fly)
i should not be here
Willis

Post by Willis »

CheapAlert wrote:2008. If we go this way we'll be in consistency with the Qexpo on 2016 as the 20th anniversary.

(Time WILL fly)
That would happen on an annual schedule as well.

At this point, Qexpo seems to have mostly found its nitch crowd, and I think you guys only getting together on a true schedule every other year brings far less to the community. My only suggestion is plan things a bit further ahead (event-wise) next time, and keep the time consuming things for the weekend to get more participants.

I know I'm not the most noticable or important qexpo visitor, but I certainly do enjoy what I'm able to be around to see.
________
cannabis news
Last edited by Willis on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up2nOgOoD[ROCK]

Post by Up2nOgOoD[ROCK] »

I agree, let's go annual. An anual event would bring much more to Quake than a biennial event. Also, I think we should bug sajt to add final touches to the Qexpo php page, so we could use it year after year. some things I'd personally like to see are:

Booth comments

Booth information listed on booth list page (game: q1/2/3, type: mod/mad/art/ release), etc

POTD

Qexpo Gallery (user submitted and staff's picks).
-up2
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Up2n0g0oD - I had more than that planned for the CMS of QExpo when SantaClaws was coding it - and he even said he had finished it, but he disappeared... so I really have no clue how potent it was.

But we had something much more robust planned.

What Sajt brought to us was a fucking miracle of php considering the strain he was under, since we held onto the hope of SantaClaws returning for so long.
Preach

Post by Preach »

If we got more people from the Q2 and Q3 crowds in, I'm sure there would be enough content for an annual expo. Even as it stands it'll probably work well, as long as people are ready to run it. Thank you to all the people who ran this year's, it was very enjoyable, and you guys don't seem to get much public kudos for it.
Baker

Post by Baker »

CheapAlert wrote:2008. If we go this way we'll be in consistency with the Qexpo on 2016 as the 20th anniversary.

(Time WILL fly)
OMG please No to the "Time WILL fly" thing!!!!

I don't want it to be 2016 yet!

What Sajt brought to us was a fucking miracle of php considering the strain he was under, since we held onto the hope of SantaClaws returning for so long.
It was impressive as hell!
ajay

Post by ajay »

Baker wrote:OMG please No to the "Time WILL fly" thing!!!!

I don't want it to be 2016 yet!
It was impressive as hell!
You don't want 2016 - I'm 51 in 2016 !!! :( 8)
Trinca

Post by Trinca »

i think almost everybody want qexpo all years but u must ask people that organize it! if they have the the will to it?

i personaly love it! but i respect the admin becouse they gave much of they time to qexpo be alive this years and the years bewind!!!

so i just will say THKS VERY MUCH GUYS

P.S--> u guys decide!

in 2016 i will have 45 :) hope i get there...
ajay

Post by ajay »

ajay wrote: You don't want 2016 - I'm 51 in 2016 !!! :( 8)
I'm quoting myself, that's weird..... Anyway it's just something else I've realised about modding quake. That in 2016 I can still be doing it, pretty much nothing can stop me - I'm currently a little depressed as I've 5 month injury that's stopping me training, and it's crossed my mind that i might never get over it (it's possible I won't.)
However, unless technology progresses in ways that make Quake incompatible with newer pc's (and even then I can just use old ones, right now I use a 7 yeard old laptop 50% of the time) then I can still be modding ten eyars from now. As logn as I have ideas, as long as I back up every quake related "thing" on t'net, I can carry on to my heart's content.

Hopefully they'll be some others still out there too.

Gosh we're lucky.

We truely are God's chosen ones ;)
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Hey Ajay, I hope you feel better soon :(
It's nice seeing you hanging around the forums. How are the kids? :)
I'll be 41 in 2016 :P
Oh, and, on the subject of one or two year interval between Qexpos... I first thought doing it annually would be really insane, but now that I think of it and bearing in mind that it seems to be running in less of a chaotic ways than the first ones (hehe), I'm thinking, why not? :)
motorsep

Post by motorsep »

I think it would be fun to have QExpo annually :) I mean why should it be a problem? It's not like we have to build real booth and rent a space in a pavilion :P
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Well, it's kind of hard bringing the goods in 12 months, making a mod in that time...
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

I'm all for annually, reasons being:

1. Yearly means much more exposure of quake in the mainstream.

2. Having an expo often will provide the little kick in the arse that many people need to get their mod finished / worked on.

That said, the real problem is with finding people willing to run the damn thing.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

I think it would be a change of pace to have someone from the Func_ community host it next time, as it has basically been modders thus far - myself being the only exception (Ive no idea what Im classified as).

I am willing to do it again, but not for the next one, or the one after that, I really want to see hosts from different areas of the Quake community.