Quake Expo Registration open

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Quake Expo Registration open

Post by FrikaC »

In case some of you do not check the main I3D page (And you should, shame on you for not doing so), Quake Expo Registration is now open, so you can now sign up for a booth.

http://qexpo.quakedev.com
than

Post by than »

Cool!

I couldn't create a booth in Opera 9 though. I used Firefox and it worked fine, so I will make do with that, but perhaps you could have a quick check with Opera.

I've not uploaded anything yet of course, just created a booth. Looking forward to the start of QExpo!
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I'll test with Opera tomorrow. I have a 3 hour sleep ahead of me :D
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

You know someone should alert the Quake 3 and Quake 2 communities..
spamalam

Post by spamalam »

I dunno if this is too late, but I thought i'd make a suggestion from a complete newbie to modding (seriously, like a couple of days ago)... could you put up an "example" booth, perhaps. To know what it might look like for someone who's never seen a qexpo or know what's expected.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

http://web.archive.org/web/200108150642 ... h.php?n=64
http://web.archive.org/web/200112251706 ... th.php?n=9
http://web.archive.org/web/200110071106 ... h.php?n=11

Three example booths from the first QExpo for reference. I dont know if theres a way to find the 2003 expo anymore... 2005 is temporarily down, but safely archived by Sajt.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

than wrote:Cool!

I couldn't create a booth in Opera 9 though. I used Firefox and it worked fine, so I will make do with that, but perhaps you could have a quick check with Opera.

I've not uploaded anything yet of course, just created a booth. Looking forward to the start of QExpo!
than, I just tested Opera 9 and it seemed to work fine. Are you still having the problem?
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

debating on if I should make a booth.... I have my one project that no one's played (the Gyromaniac one)... but I haven't touched it since the spyware problem. I do plan on completing this project... just haven't had the time. :?
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Error wrote:debating on if I should make a booth.... I have my one project that no one's played (the Gyromaniac one)... but I haven't touched it since the spyware problem. I do plan on completing this project... just haven't had the time. :?
dooo_iiiittt(); else joo_sawk();
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Hot damn, the initation else reputation termination if statement, that takes me back!

I bet shadowalker coded that somehow however... ; )
Bank

Post by Bank »

Groovy.
"When my name is dropped, it's kinda like a curse word. People react to it in very different ways." -Bank
than

Post by than »

yeah, it works ok in Opera now. I got a connection refused problem, then tried in FF and it worked fine before, but not it all seems to work fine.

One suggestion I have (I sent a quick mail about this to Sajt) is that there should be a tag that makes extra spaces and returns be ignored as with standard HTML. I have to edit my booth at home and then bring it into work to upload during breaks, so it is a pain in the bum for me to remove all the extra characters when I upload.