QEXPO '05

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
ajay

QEXPO '05

Post by ajay »

Where did discussions get to with a possible qexpo next year, I can't remember from the old forum.
Why I ask is not to nag, just that I have a rough aim to get my mod "releasable" by then, so would like to think that there might be one :)
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

IIRC most people were pro an '05 QExpo, but I think someone wanted to wait till '06 for the ten year aniversary of Quackles. Sod that.

So to answer your question, yes, it might happen. But then again, I might get killed by a chipmunk today
ajay

Post by ajay »

MauveBib wrote:IIRC most people were pro an '05 QExpo, but I think someone wanted to wait till '06 for the ten year aniversary of Quackles. Sod that.

So to answer your question, yes, it might happen. But then again, I might get killed by a chipmunk today
Those damn chipmunks, grrrrrr.
Urre

Post by Urre »

That's a tough one there, Mauve... I don't know if I can wait all the way to '06, but it would indeed be wrong to not hold a kickass party then.
I was once a Quake modder
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

I'd like to do a 2005 QExpo. I know I'll have some stuff to show off in it.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

I could probably go for an '05 expo.

Perhaps we could do the expo as normal, and maybe cook up something special for the anniversary? An extra year is quite a bit after all...
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

I wonder how difficult it could be to hold *gasp* *wait for it* a real Quake 1 convention. I mean the trekkies, UFO nuts, and other assorted freaks manage it. http://www.qhlan.org hosts successful QuakeWorld LANS of 100+ people in Sweden. Admittedly, 90% of the people that attend are Swedish. The retro gaming thing is getting bigger and more commercial every year. It now seems to be "cool" to be into old games (lol).

I guess getting the numbers, and location would be a couple of the main issues. I vote in the UK... erm Wales in the UK... uh, okay how about my house. :)
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Tricky.

While I would be quite content with a UK based convention, I'm thinking that many of those stateside and elsewhere would find it a little inconvenient. But then given that there seem to be a disproportionate number of us rosbifs/limeys/pommeys then who knows...

That said, I'd recommend Manchester if such an event were to occur, merely cos I live there.
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

I probably won't attend either way unless it's way close to where I live, which it most likely won't be. ;)

Anyway, an ocean's an awefully long distance to cross to attend an expo, so I wonder if the US and the UK could each have their own parties at about the same time (although time zones could cause trouble there...).
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
Urre

Post by Urre »

I was going to list the option of having an event on both '05 and '06, but decided not to, since the Quake community generally moves too slow to be able to run something kickass each year. Atleast it seems so. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

But considering that '06 would be the 10th anniversary, we might even be able to get some larger, more mainstream action... Not sure if that's desireable though.
I was once a Quake modder
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I vote for holding the expo on an inflated lifeboat halfway across the Atlantic Ocean.
c0burn

Post by c0burn »

MauveBib wrote:That said, I'd recommend Liverpool if such an event were to occur, merely cos I live there.
:wink:

I doubt I could do anything in America. But a joint thing could be fun. If I ever get round to finishing my mods. :(
Harb

Post by Harb »

Mauve lives in Liverpool??

I vote for an '05 expo, it might get the ELF getting busy with DiD2
><)))'>
Tei

Post by Tei »

Hehehe... Liverpool its a cool city by default. A old friend girl of mine live in the liverpool university or whas eons ago :D

:D
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

MauveBib wrote
That said, I'd recommend Manchester if such an event were to occur, merely cos I live there.
c0burn wrote
MauveBib wrote:
That said, I'd recommend Liverpool if such an event were to occur, merely cos I live there.
Tei probably wrote
Que?