Quake Expo 2011

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
revelator

Post by revelator »

I might add Realm to the Expo if i can get some long standing buggers fixed.

well not all bugs :) some are just missing support functions like player settable skyboxes.

atm only 3 bugs remain.

Realm crashes when selecting the grappling hook (rogue).
Fullbrights sometime dissapear at some angles (might have intruduced that one myself lately).
Fitzquake's video menu needs some fixup (mostly due to the vidnt code being radically different in realm. for instance it defaults to 32 bit and desktop screen size).

if i can get the above fixed in time ill be happy adding it to the Expo.
negke

Post by negke »

Alright, good work, Chip.
Indeed, the editor plugin has an "Add image" button. Have you tested if this is exploitable - possible to upload files other than images?

The boxes idea sounds like a good thing, provided they don't take up too much space on the page. Maybe one entry is enough in the random booth box - at the moment there are only twenty regsitered in total.
Chip

Post by Chip »

negke wrote:Alright, good work, Chip.
Indeed, the editor plugin has an "Add image" button. Have you tested if this is exploitable - possible to upload files other than images?

The boxes idea sounds like a good thing, provided they don't take up too much space on the page. Maybe one entry is enough in the random booth box - at the moment there are only twenty regsitered in total.
It's possible to upload ony files I add (so far images - jpg, png, gif - archives, text - txt, doc, rtf - and documents - pdf), no other uploads are allowed.

The boxes will not take that much space. Regarding the number of booths, I expect to have at least the number of members (54 members so far = 54 booths). We'll see.

EDIT/NOTE: There is a new editor in there, the old one TinyMCE was too heavy to use and way too bloated.
QuakeWiki
getButterfly - WordPress Support Services
Roo Holidays

Fear not the dark, but what the dark hides.
Chip

Re: QExpo Homepage Features

Post by Chip »

frag.machine wrote:Links to this site and all other active Quake related sites under a "Quake community" box in the main page would be a good idea, too.
I'll probably move the left sidebar links to the center of the front page (bottom area), as soon as the QExpo begins.

There are more links to be added, than those currently in the sidebar.

Thanks.

Just noticed, PlanetQuake announced QExpo 2011! Quake Expo Lives Again!

http://planetquake.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164937
QuakeWiki
Roo Holidays

Entar

Post by Entar »

You might want to make it more clear that events are public before the Expo starts. I was rather surprised to see my event show up on PlanetQuake news :?
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Is there a specific message for wrong password? (I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, I get the message "ERROR: Error, please try again!" after trying to log in) :)
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
Chip

Post by Chip »

Entar wrote:You might want to make it more clear that events are public before the Expo starts. I was rather surprised to see my event show up on PlanetQuake news :?
Well, I was too. It was not supposed to appear in any public listings, unless you knew the URL address. I thought you submitted.

But nevermind, that's even more promotion for the QExpo.
CocoT wrote:Is there a specific message for wrong password? (I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, I get the message "ERROR: Error, please try again!" after trying to log in) :)
User and password are case sensitive. I'll refresh this thread every now and then, please retry and let me know. There is only one error message :) and it can mean 2 things, either user is wrong or password is wrong. Or both.
QuakeWiki
Roo Holidays

scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

It should be noted, PlanetQuake often had news on booths during QExpo06 before the booth owner had made the change public (news posters could see them, and the owner could, but no one else). I was a bit miffed that an external site "scooped" the QExpo frontpage, within minutes of my own write-up even.

I assume its just some aggregator which is not being accounted for by the methods Chip is using, and the methods used by Sajt and Echon in 06.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
Entar

Post by Entar »

As of now, the events page is totally visible to someone not logged in. FYI.
Chip

Post by Chip »

Entar wrote:As of now, the events page is totally visible to someone not logged in. FYI.
I know. Well, I guess there's no problem, as PQ already linked to it. I'm not going to restrict that link, or render it dead.
QuakeWiki
Roo Holidays

CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Ok - I figured out what happened: my password was 12-character long but when I registered for the booth, it stopped at the 10th character. Maybe adding "max. 10 character" might help :)
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
Entar

Post by Entar »

Chip wrote:
Entar wrote:As of now, the events page is totally visible to someone not logged in. FYI.
I know. Well, I guess there's no problem, as PQ already linked to it. I'm not going to restrict that link, or render it dead.
Ok, just wanted to make sure you knew. I'm fine with it being open now too, since taking it down would give an unfair advantage to people who already started.
necros

Post by necros »

i'm using firefox 4.0.1 with noscript. i have allowed all scripts but the event page looks like this to me:
http://necros.slipgateconstruct.com/temp/events.jpg

any idea what's up?
Entar

Post by Entar »

necros wrote:i'm using firefox 4.0.1 with noscript. i have allowed all scripts but the event page looks like this to me:
http://necros.slipgateconstruct.com/temp/events.jpg

any idea what's up?
I had that earlier too - try Ctrl+R to refresh it. That worked for me, if I recall correctly.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Must be a FF4 thing, running an older build with NoScript and nothing permitted, everything is looking good.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.