Turtlemodding Thread

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
r00k

Post by r00k »

I have a simple idea, I hope no one else thinks of it as well and duplicates my effort ;)
I'll try to make this as fast as I can so I don't extend the timelimit(?) and if I get something made fast enough, I can polish it up more.

I'm going to use the "clean QuakeC v1.06" as a base so I don't have all those warning, and so it will run on stock Quake installations.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

i always use clean QC source when making mods =) i dont know why it hasnt been made to be the offical qc source.
Arkage

Post by Arkage »

Unfortanly I wont have enough time to enter this one :(
Good luck to those that are entering :)
Supa

Post by Supa »

ceriux

Post by ceriux »

makes quake pretty difficult
negke

Post by negke »

Guess Supa wins this SM event as well.
Cool idea, and indeed quite tricky. Too cerebral for me, though. Is it intentional that monsters roam around instead of stopping when being hit by a Quad beam?
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Week-end has been pretty crazy - I won't be able to finish the mini-mod I started. I'll post it here when I do (maybe next week-end) ;)
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
dreadlorde

Post by dreadlorde »

CleanQC 1.06 isn't really that clean. I went through it and there are still a fair amount of unused variables, some unused functions, &c.
Ken Thompson wrote:One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code.
Get off my lawn!
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

there's still 0 warnings. it's clean compared to other sources.
Spike

Post by Spike »

0 warnings with frikqcc, yes.
fteqcc moans about things that are impossible to fix. get no warnings with that! I dare you!
Arkage

Post by Arkage »

What do I win :P
Last edited by Arkage on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

isnt fte a qw client? if so from what i'v seen is that qw's qc is different from netquake. that might explain that.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

FTEQW is a quake client. FTEQCC is a quakec compiler. Two different things. FTEQCC has a larger "vocabulary" of warnings than FrikQCC. There's a warning for unused fields, for example, which is annoying because there may be some fields that are used by the map compiler but not by QuakeC...
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
r00k

Post by r00k »

Arkage: You must set the warning level > 1.
Unless you already culled through the errors.

Sajt: Yes! 'light_lev' !! :D
Supa

Post by Supa »

negke wrote:Cool idea, and indeed quite tricky. Too cerebral for me, though. Is it intentional that monsters roam around instead of stopping when being hit by a Quad beam?
Thanks. :) The 'roaming' happens because calmed monsters with a path_corner chain will try to return to their last targeted path_corner, but since the monster has to rely on movetogoal to get to each corner it can run into a bit of trouble if it's too far away.