QExpo 2006 Anniversary Special!

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
Error
InsideQC Staff

QExpo 2006 Anniversary Special!

Post by Error »

Who wants to run it?

Same site? same host? what's up people. It's not that far away. :wink:
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

You dang crazy boi
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

I asked someone if they'd do it and they said yes. I forgot who that was though.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

that was spirit probably
i should not be here
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Wow, 10 years of Quake... That'd be an awesome QExpo... Do you think that there will be enough "energy" in the community to set it up, though? Last QExpo seems to have somewhat drained energy out of modders and this forum, it seems...
(okay, that was horrible english, but you got my point, right?)
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

I'm really drained, I must confess.
Electro

Post by Electro »

Quake has played a big part in my life as has this community. I was unable to make it in time for the qexpo that just went, but i can sure as hell try my best to get in for a big decade event such as this!

Love you all. Don't look at me like that Urre.
Benjamin Darling
http://www.bendarling.net/

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
http://www.reflexfps.net/
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

I'm slowly building up again.

I've got plenty of ideas and stuff, it's just a matter of getting off my big fat lazy duff and doing them. :P
ajay

Post by ajay »

Maybe rather than an expo as per previous years we could do a celebration kind of thing: "best of's" (mods, model, maps, etc) try to get id themselves on board, have interviews, top tens, reviews, retrospectives.

I'm tired, and a little (unrelatedly) emotional, so that's as detailed a proposal as I can muster.

I'd love to be sure I'd have something done by next summer, but as Lunkin's Journey took me 3 years on and off, I'll make no promises...
Lardarse

Post by Lardarse »

Sounds like a great idea in principle...

And having Spirit of '85 run it sounds like an even better idea :-)

LA
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

As long as I'm not running it, I'm all for it :D
Apathy Now!
Urre

Post by Urre »

I was more for the idea of this event happening than the previous, being the 10th anniversary and all, so I really want to see this happen.

I also think it'd be a good idea if a number of people collaborate on it, and that there's no leader per se, like previously, because it seems the people who have taken the leader position in the past have suffered some greater form of exhaustion not possible to portray in words. But it obviously wouldn't work if the people running it can't spend a lot of time on it, because of the risks of everyone being away at the same time, meaning that there'd be multiple full-time leaders, instead of multiple part-time ones.

Volunteers? :)

I might even have a game this year. Seeing as I said the exact same thing last time, the probability of that is low, but it's actually almost kind of promising this time. Sorta.

Anyhow... *continues looking at Electro "like that"*
I was once a Quake modder
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Oh, heh, erm... Well, the filehosting won't be the problem I guess. Though I can't promise to be able to do it. Nor I want to promise anything else. I have no idea where/what I will be next year at that time.

Mauvebib had a hard time all alone posting news, so I'd suggest some "frontpage team".

So much for now :)
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
distrans

Post by distrans »

Ajay has some good ideas.
I'm all for QExpo 2006 if the emphasis is primarily the Quake I Tenth Anniversary.
Scragbait and I would aim to have the Travail Mission Pack ready for release during the Expo.
Abject Abcess, Recurrent Rumours, Dismembered Crates & Usher Recompiled
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

yes, the idea is to have a Quake 1 Expo

being that we're celebrating the 10th anniversary and all