QExpo 2006 Anniversary Special!

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I'll offer to do it, but I'm as much a new kid as Urre... Been here since mid-2002 I believe. I've got time for the week and then some of July 22, have a new mod I'd release, and have plenty of ideas for the expo...
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
lth

Post by lth »

Only 4 years, eh? Yeah, total n00b :P
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Someone really needs to take charge of this, because I'm sure as hell not doing it again.
Apathy Now!
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Bump for willing to do it, though I welcome the involvement of others on such things, particularly those representing different aspects of Quake (such as than with mapping).

Im pretty much always on irc in anynet, #qc #darkplaces #qexpo #inside3d if you need me, drop me a pm or email me at my name at yahoo dot com with QExpo in the subject line.
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

/me endorses scar3crow for leader
Last edited by Dr. Shadowborg on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Excellent. Are there any other candidates? We could have a vote on the leader if anyone else is interested.
Apathy Now!
Error
InsideQC Staff

Post by Error »

nope, far as I know. scar3crow is heading it up. don't hold me to that though. scar3crow, set up straight?
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Im still up for it, in fact Im scheduling my summer classes around being free in mid and late July... Just so I will only have work during that time and nothing else but QExpo.
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

I'd definitely be up for the 2006 Expo. Scar3crow, kudos on taking the reins. I thought the anniverary date was 22nd June though?

There's still just enough time to get some content together, I'm really going to have to buckle down.
Lardarse

Post by Lardarse »

Starbuck wrote:I thought the anniverary date was 22nd June though?
That was for the shareware version. The registered version was released July 22nd.
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

The tentative dates for QExpo 06 is July 17th till July 27th, with the 22nd being the median point celebrating Quake turning 10. These dates arent necessarily final but they look the best to me in terms of Quake and work just fine for our php coder, SantaClaws.

So get to work on that content - and content isnt just maps or mods, dont forget fanfics, comics, machinima, songs, demoreels, and anything else Quake related you can come up with!
Bank

Post by Bank »

Well, I indeed will probably be setting up a Qradio booth if all goes to plan, but I cant be sure, I have a busy life : D

(Now that I've finally registered....)
"When my name is dropped, it's kinda like a curse word. People react to it in very different ways." -Bank
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Bump

Nothing is being revealed yet, but a design for the new site is in the works, the PHP is over 90% done, and we have been working with the most generous Echon for continuing QExpo at quakedev.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, drop me a line at my nick at yahoo dot com with QExpo in the subject line.