QExpo 2006 Anniversary Special!

Talk about the Quake Expo and Quake Speed events.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Will there really be enough material for a Quake 1-only expo though?
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

That is something I worry about too. It'd certainly be a lot smaller than this year's Qexpo, which certainly surprised me with it's size.
Apathy Now!
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

it could start on june 6
i should not be here
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

It *could*
Lardarse

Post by Lardarse »

Frik: I never said have it just Q1.

The idea would be to show how QWuake has evolved within the community over the last 10 years. And I think that by having both Q2 and Q3 feature in it, it will be a full experience.

And I don't think that you will have to worry about material...
Urre

Post by Urre »

I'd say worrying about amount of submissions or what to call them, is a valid point. To my knowledge the amount has gone down for each expo thus far, and moreso if you strip out the Q2 content from the previous one (seeing as we're talking about a Quake only expo). I can't really see the amount of modders for Quake increase in any drastic kind of way. The Nexuiz release actually did bring a few, but they're as suspected not particularly interested in Quake, but Nexuiz modding.
I was once a Quake modder
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

2005 - 57 quake 1 booths
2003 - 62 quake 1 booths

It's not exactly a huge difference, though I will admit the number and size of releases were probably mostly larger in 2003. However, with quake 2 as well the 2005 qexpo was certainly larger than the 2003 one.
Apathy Now!
Urre

Post by Urre »

Why did thy not list the amount of booths from 2001? Interesting trivia, we (me that is) demand that information and we (ehm) are too lazy to find out ourselves! Chop chop!
I was once a Quake modder
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Unfortunately the 2001 qexpo seems to have finally disapeared for good. Condemned got hacked again?
Apathy Now!
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

I think Horn stopped paying for it along with my qexpo.com hosting.
Entar

Post by Entar »

If we were to have a QuakeExpo in 2006 (which I am all for, btw!) I'd certainly do my part to contribute material. I'll probably make an engine release or two, maybe do a little QC, and perhaps a map. /me salutes Quake :D
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

I've opened a thread on the Qexpo forums dedicated to this, and particularly the search for a new leader.

Post your ideas and consider standing for the role.

http://www.quakedev.com/forums/index.php?topic=766.0
Apathy Now!
lth

Post by lth »

Me too, a tenth anniversary 'best of' would be excellent, if perhaps one had ten days and a year to celebrate each, digging out the best maps, mods, speedruns etc in each year, then after the ten day a 'best of the best', picking out things that really stood out like Zer, Neh, Insomnia, etc.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

lth wrote:Me too, a tenth anniversary 'best of' would be excellent, if perhaps one had ten days and a year to celebrate each, digging out the best maps, mods, speedruns etc in each year, then after the ten day a 'best of the best', picking out things that really stood out like Zer, Neh, Insomnia, etc.
Wow, that's actually such a good idea. We should totally do that.
Apathy Now!
lth

Post by lth »