ai_disable

Discuss Artificial Intelligence and Bot programming.
DieparBaby

ai_disable

Post by DieparBaby »

Just wondering if vanilla quake or WinQuake has an ai_disable console command. I've haven't been able to google one.

Thanks,
DieparBaby
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

What makes you think it's called exactly 'ai_disable'?

'notarget' makes monsters ignore you unless you shoot them.
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
DieparBaby

Post by DieparBaby »

Well I don't know if it's called ai_disable exactly but a search for "quake 1 disable ai" should turn up something if it exists. I just wanted to be able to turn the monster thinks off and on. I'm near the end of writing a quake c 'mod' to do it in case there isn't already a way.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

There isn't a way, exactly.
DieparBaby

Post by DieparBaby »

Well you could add an extra field called .last_think which would store the last think
that an entity had before the ai was disabled through an impulse. Then you would
set the current .think function to SUB_Null. To turn the ai back on, set the .think
function to .last_think.
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

DieparBaby wrote:Well you could add an extra field called .last_think which would store the last think
that an entity had before the ai was disabled through an impulse. Then you would
set the current .think function to SUB_Null. To turn the ai back on, set the .think
function to .last_think.
I'm afraid it's a bit more complicated, since the time stills going on, and a lot of things would be screwed (animations, calls to SUB_CalcMove and stuff alike). It would look more like they were frozen on time actually (which could be a funny thing to do just for fun).
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
Entar

Post by Entar »

In certain engines (like Vr2 and DarkPlaces) you can use sv_freezenonclients 1.
Urre

Post by Urre »

A mod by the same guy who made Conquest (sorry, my memory sucks) had this ability, to freeze things by qc. Maybe it even was Conquest? See, I don't remember
I was once a Quake modder
Entar

Post by Entar »

Oh come on Urre, Wazat! Wazat made Conquest, and Jeht and all those other ones...
Urre

Post by Urre »

I should've known. Sometimes I just suck. Haven't seen Wazat in a while, that's probably why.
I was once a Quake modder