Meet the FrikBots

Discuss Artificial Intelligence and Bot programming.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Meet the FrikBots

Post by FrikaC »

scar3crow's latest news post reminded me of way back when I was sillier, I compiled a group of images of all the FrikBot names, and since I'm temporarily bored, I thought maybe I'd link them all here and see how many of you know all the references. If you don't know them all, then shame on you.

Image Bishop
Image Erwin
Image FrikBot
Image Gort
Image Hal
Image Gypsy
Image Hudson
Image Krosis
Image Kryten
Image Lore
Image Marvin
Image Max
Image Nomad
Image PimpBot
Image Servo
Image Vincent
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Fun =)

Perhaps later on I could do a replying compilation for the names used in Transfusion.
Lardarse

Post by Lardarse »

5 out of 16

I suck
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

FrikBot = bot, Hal = Hal 9000, Kryten = Red Dwarf, Lore = Data, Marvin = HHTTG, Pimpbot = that character from Conan?
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
Lardarse

Post by Lardarse »

Lore is actually Data's "evil twin"
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

dont' forget Nomad = ST:TOS, Gort = The Day the Earth stood still, and Servo = MST3K.
i should not be here
SkinnedAlive

Post by SkinnedAlive »

My kingdom for a cylon!
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

The thing about cylons, at least when the list was originally created, is there were no named ones. The new series has a few named ones, but that;s too little too late.

Pimp bot is indeed from Conan, and I thought that one would be obscure and no one would get it :lol:
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

FrikaC wrote:The thing about cylons, at least when the list was originally created, is there were no named ones. The new series has a few named ones, but that;s too little too late.

Pimp bot is indeed from Conan, and I thought that one would be obscure and no one would get it :lol:
Actually, that's not exactly accurate.

In the original series, the pointy coneheaded cylon that was more or less baltar's butt boy was named "Lucifer". And what about the "imperious leader"? Oh, and there was also that cylon from the crappy "Galactica 1980" that got named "Cy".
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Imperious Leader is a title, not a name. But yeah. It's been so long since I've seen the original, Lucifer et al slipped my mind.
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

Pimp bot 5000 is one thing, but what's a cylon?

BTW I kind of miss Conan. AKA I miss having a TV :cry:
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
spamalam

Post by spamalam »

ah, you got the right hudson methinks :) That's the one i'd have chosen too, in "but where would all the calculators go?" mode.
Obviously those that aren't boys from the dwarf would probably have chosen hudson from Aliens.
but what's a cylon
Either:
or:
or:

depending on your budget.
SkinnedAlive

Post by SkinnedAlive »

My vote's on the original cylons every time.
spamalam

Post by spamalam »

Just wait for a Christopher Walken cylon to turn up... :lol:
Canadian*Sniper

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

Ah Black Hole. I completely forget what that movie was about but I remember Vincent and Bob as well as the scene of the star coming towards the actors at incredibly slow speed through a tunnel or bridge.
SmashQuake at whitehot.quakeone.com
NewDM at flanders.servegame.org:26003