Meet the FrikBots

Discuss Artificial Intelligence and Bot programming.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Ah yes 1979... Good movie... A research vessel out in space comes across a "lost" vessel of a very mad scientist hanging on the outer ridge of a huge black hole! Turns out to be the basic story of good verse's evil. Kind of hard core for Disney in my opinion. One crazy mad man with a crew of what seems like robotic automatons that turn out to be scavenged crew members turned into cyborg like slaves. There where 3 robots in the movie, 2 of which are Frikbots Vincent & Maximilian above and a 3rd which was an older version of Vincent's model named BOB...

Canadian*Sniper wrote:Ah Black Hole. I completely forget what that movie was about but I remember Vincent and Bob as well as the scene of the star coming towards the actors at incredibly slow speed through a tunnel or bridge.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

BOB was funny, with that kind of country accent. The reason I didn't toss him in is it's just a generic name also and I wanted the names to have some flair. Looking back at the list it's missing a few obvious choices (Bender Bending Rodriguez) and certain things like Star Trek are over represented.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..There was a good reason for the accent as the actor Slim Pickens who was BOB's voice started his career as a real life cowboy who ran the rodeo circuit before getting his start as an actor in western films... :o

As far as the Trek influence on the bots...its all good... Also 2 obvious robots would be R2D2 & C3P0.. :-) Futurama alone has @ least 5 good robot characters to use:

Bender, Calculon, Robot Santa, Robot Devil, Flexo, Tiny Tim, Hedonisnbot, etc etc...

FrikaC wrote:BOB was funny, with that kind of country accent. The reason I didn't toss him in is it's just a generic name also and I wanted the names to have some flair. Looking back at the list it's missing a few obvious choices (Bender Bending Rodriguez) and certain things like Star Trek are over represented.
Canadian*Sniper

Post by Canadian*Sniper »

I may still have the View Master + audio of Black Hole laying around somewhere :P Or maybe it was just a book that came with an audio tape. I forget.
SmashQuake at whitehot.quakeone.com
NewDM at flanders.servegame.org:26003
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

I think she deserves to be in this list...
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

:wink: Well I want K-9 in there too: