The Definitive Frikbot Waypack

Discuss Artificial Intelligence and Bot programming.
Lightning Hunter

Post by Lightning Hunter »

Thanks Shadowborg!
Junrall wrote: There should be some kind of an achievement award given out to people here on this forum... or some sort of hall of fame page listing the person's name, achievement, file link, and date. !
Lol, thanks for the gesture, but I'd be happy with a simple news update about this on one of the bigger Quake sites. :lol:
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Yeah, if the engine supports FRIK_FILE and you're using fbxc, you can use the save waypoints menu option to bypass the whole condump thing.

http://qarchive.quakedev.com/QuakeC/Bots/fbxc.zip

Side note, not even the frikbot page has fbxc....I need to fix this
Lightning Hunter

Well, I tried dumping the waypoints using Frik_File support in Darkplaces (support in Qrack is currently broken), but I couldn't figure out how to use this method to dump waypoints to .qc format. It seems to automatically dump the waypoints to .way files, even if I select .qc output in the waypoint management. Obviously, this does me no good. Is there a way to change the Frik_File dump to .qc?
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Oh, drat.
Lightning Hunter

Hmmm. I'm about to just say "screw you Quakeworld" and move on. I just don't have the patience to open each map in Quake, dump the waypoints to qconsole.txt, copy the information to a .qc file, and add the map to progs.src. Heck, just listing the maps in progs.src alone would take me hours. There are 400 maps! It would probably take days!

Yeah. Unless there is a better method making this compatible with Quakeworld, I say screw it. :P
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

You wouldn't be able to put them all in the QC anyway. This is a problem with Frogbot as well, you'll probably hit the various QC limits before you get all the waypoints in.
Lightning Hunter

FrikaC wrote:You wouldn't be able to put them all in the QC anyway. This is a problem with Frogbot as well, you'll probably hit the various QC limits before you get all the waypoints in.
I was thinking about that too. I would hate to get halfway done, and run into some kind of QC limit.

I'll just leave the Frikbot waypoints as they are. Sorry for the Quakeworld users, but they do have the Frogbot's to play with at least.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I played some games earlier, very nice. Thanks a lot! Netquake sure feels weird though and I am really not used to not use fullbright skins, heh.

If you ever release more or re-release, please make sure all filenames are lowercase. That prevents problems on operating systems like MacOS and Unixes. :)
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
Spike

Post by Spike »

frogbot ones contain a lot of vectors. a heck of a lot of them, and rarely are they duplicated. on the other hand, the individual elements of them are. as a result, after about 20 maps your progs is full.
fteqcc contains a 'feature' to code them as individual floats, which are constructed as needed, rather than storing a full vector. End result is that we got all of trinca's 260 or so maps into a single progs (v6). :)
qcc hacks ftw. 400 would fit.
may need to increase the heapsize though... :D

frik_file is a more sane approach, of course
Lightning Hunter

Spirit wrote: If you ever release more or re-release, please make sure all filenames are lowercase. That prevents problems on operating systems like MacOS and Unixes. :)
Whoops! Will do.
illithid

Post by illithid »

Good job Lightning Hunter. You made me reinstall Quake AGAIN! How will I ever get rid of this cursed thing!!?!?!

:D