Insane Frikbot Navigation Demo

Discuss Artificial Intelligence and Bot programming.
Lightning Hunter

Insane Frikbot Navigation Demo

Post by Lightning Hunter »

Ok, I'm improving Monster's waypoints for the map pk6.bsp, and I just now set up the most complex navigation I've ever done for the Frikbots, and thought it deserved a demo! Basically, I manipulated a "bug" with the Frikbots to trick them into performing a two button sequence to permanently open a rocket launcher room. Here was the tricky part: I had to get the bots to perform the sequence only once, so they don't pointlessly press two buttons to collect the RL when the door is already open. Sound confusing? Watch the demo to see! Anyone who can figure how I did this gets a prize! lol. I'll give you a hint: The part in the demo where the Frikbot gets stuck on the wall is where the magic was done. Indeed, the bot was supposed to get stuck for this trick, so it was intentional. Maybe FrikaC can figure out how I did it? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOu5UaCI8Eg

The demo doesn't show how they navigate after opening the RL room, or it would be too long. They completely ignore the buttons the rest of the game, and go straight for the RL. :D
Team Xlink

Post by Team Xlink »

Very nicely done!

It worked like a charm!