come back to the original code?

Discuss Artificial Intelligence and Bot programming.
lukeyuan

come back to the original code?

Post by lukeyuan »

now, i noticed that I need to come back to the origin, why did I say this? in the FAQ of QuakeC manual reference, there is a question just
Quote:
"Can QuakeC bots be listed in the player rankings, or have proper shirt and pants colors?"

I think that the origin bot can't be listed on the player ranking, and can't have a proper shirt or pants color, right? so we must assign a client number to
make it appear more like a human player. now many mod already make it come true, such as frikbot, frogbot.
when you assign a client number to a bot, you also got a problem, that
you can't add bots more than the max_clients number 32. so I would like
to come back to the origin, in that way, I can't add bots as many as I
wishes?
KakesaR

Post by KakesaR »

Seek ye the Bridge Of Death.. no mortal man has ever crossed..
But a horizon's walk over that bridge, and you shall find the answers you desire, fair Lukeyuan.

..but I suggest you study the anatomy of a swallow (African or European.. preferably, both) if you wish to make it across the bridge. You could also use some coconuts and a dim-witted servant with various facial deformities, to help you travel there faster.

"Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, there the other side, he see.."
IceDagger

Post by IceDagger »

If you want the bots to appear on the scoreboard (using only QuakeC), you need to hack the Quake net protocol in order to fool the real clients into displaying the bots in the rankings. This is what FrikBot, FrogBot and all other bots coded in QuakeC that appear in the scoreboard do.

In order to do this, you must reserve a valid client number for each bot. That means you can't have more bots than max players if you want them to appear in the rankings.

You can have more bots than max players, as long you don't list them in the rankings or use something like frikbot's physics code for moving them. (Hope this helps. =)