First real "bug" I've come across with the Frikbot

Discuss Artificial Intelligence and Bot programming.
Lightning Hunter

First real "bug" I've come across with the Frikbot

Post by Lightning Hunter »

I just now came across the first real "bug" with the Frikbots. I'm waypointing the Ukpak series, and am on Ukpak8. There is a pentagram that requires a button to be shot through some bars to lower the platform the pent is on. The bots should be able to obtain this powerup just fine, but I found that they don't understand when a func_button is set to "-1" health, which this one is for some reason. I don't know why the mapper set the health of the button to -1 rather than a positive integer, but the Frikbots will not shoot the button, as I'm sure they only understand health that is > 0.

I'm sure the Frikbot code could easily be modified so they understand they have to shoot anything with health greater than or less than "0", but the problem is people would most likely not download a new version for just this one fix... The other alternative is to fix the .ent file of the map, but then people will most likely find a link to the original map and not use my fixed version, then you would have bots stuck up against the bars all the time. It seems that my only solution is to have the bots ignore the pentagram on this map. :(
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Doh.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..Ummm. Is it just me thinking this or why wouldn't you just bundle the ent file with the way file your making??
Lightning Hunter

Post by Lightning Hunter »

xaGe wrote:..Ummm. Is it just me thinking this or why wouldn't you just bundle the ent file with the way file your making??
I can, but I wonder how many people will know what to do with it. I'll include a simple .txt file explaining it...
c0burn

Post by c0burn »

Including the .ent and a readme is probably the best solution :)