DP .spr32 skinning problem?

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
xaGe

DP .spr32 skinning problem?

Post by xaGe »

I thought the .spr32 format was re-skin-able like the .spr & .mdl formats with in Darkplaces? For instance I have made several fire images(torchflametop.spr32_0.tga, torchflametop.spr32_1.tga, etc.) to replace the ones with in the progs/torchflametop.spr32 from the dpmod, but they won't show on that sprite in the mod. If I take any one of the same textures and rename it to say ohh... a_rock4.mdl_0.tga it shows up in game on the 4 pack of rocket ammo just fine...

Ehh.. its late & I need to sleep, but if any one has any ideas please reply.. TIA
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

I doubt they would be reskinnable. Why would they be? The other formats are because they are 8-bit only. spr32s are (you guessed it) 32-bit already, so there's no point. Just load them up in FIMG or whatever and swap them out.
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

yay fimg
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Yes Sajt, I thought as much too, but I did load them up in fimg and swapped out the old images for mine with little success. I'm sure it something I'm doing wrong that I didn't notice. That's why
I was hopping to just do the old easy way as if they where a spr/mdl.

Thank you for the reply...

YAY fimg indeed! :D
FrikaC wrote:yay fimg
:D