r_shadows

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
CocoT

r_shadows

Post by CocoT »

Hi! :)
Do you guys know if there is a way to have some models cast a r_shadow while having some others not cast it? Is there by any chance a particular float and value to attach to them not to cast it even id r_shadow is set to 1? Oh, and I'm using Darkplaces, by the way.
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

EF_NOSHADOW
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Great! Thanks, Cheap! :)

Oh, and I have another question (now that I have tried and seen how it works)... I see that if there is a model on top of another model and that the one above casts a shadow, it does so not only on the model under, it seems, but also through it on the ground that is under that model under (you're following me? :wink:) ... Is there a way to fix that? I mean, I'd like the model above to cast a shadow only on the model below.
I don't know if that's feasible, but I was wondering :)
Sajt

Post by Sajt »

That's what you get for using fake shadows :P There's no way to fix that except to use full realtime lighting.
F. A. Špork, an enlightened nobleman and a great patron of art, had a stately Baroque spa complex built on the banks of the River Labe.
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Oooh... hehe... ok, then :)
Nothing super-important, but it's cool to learn more about it. I must admit it's the first time I'm playing around with those features.
Thanks, Sajt! :wink: