Sticky keys in DP

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
Wazat

Sticky keys in DP

Post by Wazat »

I've noticed that in DP, sometimes certain keys don't turn off when I release them. For example, I let go of the fire button but the player keeps firing, or when I'm running around I'll end up getting forced sideways or something as if I'm playing in a majorly lagged game. It just seems like releasing the keys isn't sending the -attack or -moveleft etc commands, or they're not being received, especially since one fix I've found for the problem is to just tap the offending key to turn it off.

Is this something anyone else has noticed, or is it local to my machine?
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
RenegadeC

Re: Sticky keys in DP

Post by RenegadeC »

I have this problem as well, very annoying I hope Havoc fixes it soon.
For now try -dinput .. seems to fix it a little but not too much (for me anyways).
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

I'm also getting missing skins/textures on occasion. Black shamblers, weird colors on ammo boxes, stretches of wall that are either black or something weirder...
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
RenegadeC

Post by RenegadeC »

I don't have that problem, tried updating your video card drivers?
LordHavoc

Re: Sticky keys in DP

Post by LordHavoc »

Wazat wrote:I've noticed that in DP, sometimes certain keys don't turn off when I release them. For example, I let go of the fire button but the player keeps firing, or when I'm running around I'll end up getting forced sideways or something as if I'm playing in a majorly lagged game. It just seems like releasing the keys isn't sending the -attack or -moveleft etc commands, or they're not being received, especially since one fix I've found for the problem is to just tap the offending key to turn it off.

Is this something anyone else has noticed, or is it local to my machine?
I was unaware of lost keys bugs with the directinput mode, sad.

You can try -nodinput on the commandline to get back to the old input driver, I'll have to default it back to -nodinput again it looks like.

Also SDL builds probably work fine. (Other than lack of key repeat, which I really need to implement)

Here's a release with an SDL build included.
http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/ ... 5beta1.zip