MVD questions

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
OneManClan

MVD questions

Post by OneManClan »

Hi all.

[Not sure this is in the right section, please advise if there's a better place for MVD questions]

Q1: Every time I play an mvd (FTE-> multiplayer-> demos), it resets 'options -> graphics presets' to 'fast' mode. It's reading 'fortress/fte.cfg'. What is the command which determines the graphics preset?

Q2: Where is it decided what *.cfg to run when a demo is played?

Q3: During playback, somewhere, somehow, some combination of keys is switching my 's' and 'f' so that they no longer make the view strafe left/right, but they increase/decrease the % playback speed of mvds. I cant see anywhere in any cfg that's set s or f to anything other than +moveleft/+moveright. What is this command which affects the % of playback speed of mvds? (so i can stop it doing it)

thanks,

OneManClan
Baker

Re: MVD questions

Post by Baker »

This is the "Engine Programming" forum and that is not an "Engine Programming" question.

Perhaps you were looking for a Quakeworld client help forum: http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/7/help
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..