Ambient light (dynamic) in FTEQW

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
jjsullivan5196

Re: Ambient light (dynamic) in FTEQW

Post by jjsullivan5196 »

Tone and Spoike, what I said before about -keeplights wasn't entirely true. It seems it's a switch that works exclusively in -onlyentities mode, although I feel it should work in the -meta phase, it doesn't seem to want to budge.

But anyway, if for whatever reason you still want to include rt lights directly in your map, just run a second -onlyentities compile (this is a phase switch that works on it's own, so add it as it's own entry in your build scripts/menu) and append -keeplights (no caps) and it will compile the entities INCLUDING lights.

EDIT: seems to work with nocaps in -meta, which is strange since it didn't do that for me before.
toneddu2000

Post by toneddu2000 »

thanks jjsullivan5196, I'll try to use -keeplights (with no caps) when I go back home to my pc.
Anyway, to render bounce 8 1024 x1024 lightmaps, with 30 lights, final pass took 9 hours! :shock:

@Spike: did you have the time to see my error logs? I was curious why .renderflag crashes with bemode rtlight anotherglslfile header

Thanks
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
jjsullivan5196

Post by jjsullivan5196 »

Hey tone, if you want to render your lightmaps faster you can always use a program like blender to do it externally. Blender will use your GPU to get radiosity and occlusion passes much faster than what q3map2 can do with the CPU alone.