Mark V - Cut/Copy/Paste | ASM

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
mankrip

Re: Mark V - Cut/Copy/Paste | ASM

Post by mankrip »

I've noticed that those wrong texels aren't really at the corners of the skybox. My mistake.

However, this skybox has a 512x512 resolution, while the other I tested has a 256x256 resolution. Those wrong texels may be at the end of the first 256x256 bytes of the texel data.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Baker

Post by Baker »

mankrip wrote::D Sent. Good luck.
I haven't been able to replicate the problem. :( So far every attempt I have made loads the skybox perfectly.

I have checked release/debug builds. Loaded the skybox manually after the map loaded. Made an .ent file and added "sky" "eaglesdare_" to worldspawn and loaded the map.

1) What is the name of map you loaded with? Perhaps there is something about that map that triggers this bug. I'd like to get my hands on it.
2) How were you loading the map? Was it loaded via typing "sky eaglesdare_" in the console? Is the key in the map worldspawn? Does QuakeC tell it to load the skybox? Or is it loaded via a config?

When another engine developer has a problem, you know it's gotta be real. But my attempts to cause the problem are failing me.

Add: I tried some other ideas to try to recreate the issue, I haven't been able to do so. Every attempt has the skyboxes loading and rendering ok. :(
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
mankrip

Post by mankrip »

The skybox was loaded by Spirit's enginetest map, and I used the first release of the engine from this thread (the one with the torches bug).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Baker

Post by Baker »

Fair chance I fixed what was causing the problem as a side-effect of tightening up the WinQuake skybox loading procedure.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..