Compiling error message

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
hondobondo

Compiling error message

Post by hondobondo »

">worlda.obj : error LNK2005: _SV_HullPointContents already defined in world.obj"

I started with (i think) baker's visual cpp 8 code and replaced some files with the enhanced glquake diff files. i wouldn't think this should hurt anything.
Baker

Re: Compiling error message

Post by Baker »

You are compiling both world.s (the asm file) and world.c (the C file). I would remove world.s from your project.

Somewhere in world.c there is something like #ifdef id386 or #if id386 and id386 isn't defined, or the world.c source file is intended for a "no assembly at all" build and doesn't have the #if block. (id386 is defined in the original Quake source to indicate to use assembly language versions of functions instead of the C ones)

Just removing world.s from your project should fix that particular issue, though.

(GLQuake doesn't need assembly for anything. WinQuake benefits from assembly language in the software renderer.)
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
hondobondo

Re: Compiling error message

Post by hondobondo »

Baker wrote:You are compiling both world.s (the asm file) and world.c (the C file). I would remove world.s from your project.

Somewhere in world.c there is something like #ifdef id386 or #if id386 and id386 isn't defined, or the world.c source file is intended for a "no assembly at all" build and doesn't have the #if block. (id386 is defined in the original Quake source to indicate to use assembly language versions of functions instead of the C ones)

Just removing world.s from your project should fix that particular issue, though.

(GLQuake doesn't need assembly for anything. WinQuake benefits from assembly language in the software renderer.)
awesome. thanks baker