Setting up to compile for Android

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
Baker

Re: Setting up to compile for Android

Post by Baker »

Spike wrote:if you can run the same code on windows/linux and get proper stack traces for crashes there instead, then its just much simpler that way instead of trying to get the user to figure out how to use a shell/adb/logcat stuff.
Yeah, I have no intention of spending any serious amount of time debugging Android NDK code with Eclipse, fortunately the backwards and forwards compatibility on the platform seems rock-solid and the native code compiler is offering no surprises at all so far.

Immediate to-do: clock, input, "window" setup (onPause/onResume, etc.), downloads and figuring out where downloaded files get stored.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..
drm_wayne

Re: Setting up to compile for Android

Post by drm_wayne »

Spike wrote: incidentilly, if you're trying to crash FTE, please do it with this build - http://triptohell.info/moodles/win32/debug/fteglqw.exe - because it'll give you a stack trace that I can then try to use to find+fix the crash.

regarding HLBSP, the standard valve tools have usage restrictions upon them that limit their use in non-halflife engines - ie: they cannot be used. my memory is hazy, so be sure to read it properly.
</offtopic>
Its not made with valves tools, it is vulcans zhltools.
I mainly using it because i dont like Q1BSP fucking my textures with the quake palette and i want colored lightning, but i might look deeper into Q3BSP, since it seems alot better :D