My problem with FitzQuake..

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
ScatterBox

My problem with FitzQuake..

Post by ScatterBox »

Well, I have to admit. I LOVE FitzQuake. It's an easy engine to work in. The code is easy to understand (in some places) and most of the code is efficient. BUT I do not like it for one thing.. The way the guns are rendered has been COMPLETELY rewritten from Quake. How is this bad? Well, because if you look at my topic about gun rendering issues you will see why. I just can't seem to find the things I need to change, because it's all rewritten. Also, tutorials I try to implement using the gun rendering section will only work with hours of searching through code and changing things. It's very frustrating.. Well, that's my rant. :x :?
leileilol

Re: My problem with FitzQuake..

Post by leileilol »

A lot of engines, particularly GL ones, do away with the viewmodel "fudge" in the refdef... not that I agree with it or anything, I think the fudge is necessary to keep guns from looking like a poking stick at lower viewsizes. It's best with v_shot2 where you see the back of both barrels (and the infamous clipping on firing).
i should not be here
Spike

Post by Spike »

if you think fitzquake is bad for applying tutorials, you should try dp or fte. :P
revelator

Post by revelator »

Or tochris :P though i love how its built its quite hard to get used to with a client/server architecture that more resembles quake2's (without the dll's though).
Also its a pain in the proverbial )/&)&( to get colored ligthing working on the GL version.
Productivity is a state of mind.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

reckless wrote:Also its a pain in the proverbial )/&)&( to get colored ligthing working on the GL version.
Tochris had SW colored lighting at one unfortunateharddriveaccident point IIRC. :(
i should not be here
revelator

Post by revelator »

Got that version still if you want it ;)
Productivity is a state of mind.