Weird gun rendering issues

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
ScatterBox

Weird gun rendering issues

Post by ScatterBox »

OK, so this is more of a general question more then a coding question. Basically when I get in game the guns that I made seem to render in the middle of the screen. It's not where they're positioned because if I drag them back I only see the very front of the barrel of the gun in the middle of the screen. I have been looking at the render functions all over. I have not found where it actually tells the engine to render the gun. I don't know what to do. :x :?
leileilol

Re: Weird gun rendering issues

Post by leileilol »

If you search for r_drawviewmodel it should lead you to some clues.

Your own gun models should be placed below the 0,0,0 origin, not directly in it (in the modeling program that is). It'd be in your face for it and be worse for the lower viewsize weapon nudging.
i should not be here
ScatterBox

Re: Weird gun rendering issues

Post by ScatterBox »

leileilol wrote:If you search for r_drawviewmodel it should lead you to some clues.

Your own gun models should be placed below the 0,0,0 origin, not directly in it (in the modeling program that is). It'd be in your face for it and be worse for the lower viewsize weapon nudging.
Ahh, this opened up so many doors for me! I got into r_alias.c and it looks promising! Thanks!! :)