Windows: Maximize to Borderless Maximize

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
Baker

Windows: Maximize to Borderless Maximize

Post by Baker »

I like to be able to resize the window in Windows, but when the window is maximized I want essentially "full screen".

Except I don't want full screen if, say, the console (or really the menu) is up. Especially since you can't get out of full-screen maximized size without it.

This link was very helpful, with bits and pieces of this both right and wrong all over the internet in a frustrating way.

[This gets called from within the window resize function, so if going to full screen maximized or the reverse changes something, that change does get recorded right after exiting the function.]

Code: Select all

void Platform_Window_Check_Maximized (void)
{
	static fbool oldSuperMaximized = False;
	static fbool oldMaximized	= False;
	static WINDOWPLACEMENT wpPrev = { sizeof(wpPrev) };

{
		// We super maximize when maximized, no console, and non already supermaximized
		// We un-super maximize when supermaximized, maximized, console is showing.
		fbool Action = False;		
		if (oldSuperMaximized == False && !host.isConsoleUp /*&& oldMaximized*/ && host.isMaximized)
		{
			// Go to super-maximized
			DWORD dwStyle = GetWindowLong(w32_plat.mainwindow, GWL_STYLE);

if (dwStyle & WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW)
			{
				GetWindowPlacement (w32_plat.mainwindow, &wpPrev);
				SetWindowLong (w32_plat.mainwindow, GWL_STYLE, dwStyle & ~WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW);
				SetWindowPos (w32_plat.mainwindow, HWND_TOP, 0, 0, host.deviceWidth, host.deviceHeight, SWP_NOOWNERZORDER | SWP_FRAMECHANGED);			
				oldSuperMaximized = True;
			}
			oldSuperMaximized = True;
			Action = True;
		}
		else if (oldSuperMaximized == True && host.isConsoleUp && host.isMaximized /*&& oldMaximized == True*/)
		{
			DWORD dwStyle = GetWindowLong(w32_plat.mainwindow, GWL_STYLE);

SetWindowLong	(w32_plat.mainwindow, GWL_STYLE, dwStyle | WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW);
			SetWindowPlacement(w32_plat.mainwindow, &wpPrev);
			SetWindowPos	(
							w32_plat.mainwindow, 
							NULL, 
							SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOZORDER | SWP_NOOWNERZORDER | SWP_FRAMECHANGED
			);

oldSuperMaximized = False;
			Action = True;
		}

oldMaximized = host.isMaximized;

}

}
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..