Released! FitzKurok 0.85 SDL: Windows | OSX

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
Baker

Released! FitzKurok 0.85 SDL: Windows | OSX

Post by Baker »

Finished merging FitzQuake 0.85 SDL and Kurok into a single engine, one capable of playing Quake like normal and one capable of playing MDave's Kurok (website) like normal.

Mostly to make Kurok run on my Mac.

Windows Download: FitzKurok SDL Windows
Mac OSX Download: FitzKurok SDL Mac OS X
Engine source code: Download Source

Notes:

1. Add -kurok to the command line to run Kurok, the Kurok mod is included in the downloads.
2. Needs registered Quake to run
3. Added a couple of very small features MDave didn't include in the original FitzKurok.
4. Bugs: None I know of except a couple of minor oversights mostly in the Kurok menu.
5. Lacks 2 important Quakespasm features: No 64-bit fixes so cannot be compiled for 64-bit Linux (but 64-bit Windows will work). Does not have Quakespasm's new sound code which fixes a dual-core/quad-core issue ("CacheLRU: active link" annoying error).

Note: This engine should be able to run anything FitzQuake 0.85 on Windows can including Warpspasm. It is both 100% FitzQuake and 100% FitzKurok.

Future ideas: That 5 button SDL fix szo's mentioned, change view blends from a hardware gamma thing to a gl alpha rectangle particularly to build an MH Direct 3D 8.1 version. RMQEngine contrast control.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..