qcexec WITH arguments for quakeflash? [yes, kinda backwards]

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
mrmmaclean

qcexec WITH arguments for quakeflash? [yes, kinda backwards]

Post by mrmmaclean »

Ok, I was playing around with the QuakeFlash port by Michael Rennie and learning a bit of engine modding from the tutorials on this site (doing basic fixes like chase_active, etc).

After completing the qcexec tutorial pointed out by Baker (http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1991) I tried playing around with HOW this command is called. Using basically the same code in sys_null.c and revealing a function I named swcQCExec to Flash, I was able to create a button in Flash that I could click and would call GibPlayer() (as in the tutorial). Pretty fun!

Now, my question is this: how can I use similar functionality as qcexec but send arguments into it as well? Is this something that can be rather generic or is it a pretty tall order?

My goal with this is to allow Flash to access QC functions but since QC is compiled separately by qcc (or similar) I can't use the same process as when compiling the engine (using gcc with Adobe Alchemy installed and the proper includes).

Any help would be appreciated but I admit that my only experience with C so far has been inside3d engine mod tutorials... :oops: