for testing new devil library with some spiffy goodies

Discuss programming topics for the various GPL'd game engine sources.
revelator

for testing new devil library with some spiffy goodies

Post by revelator »

this is a mingw compile hence the dll names i made new import libraries for msvc though.

whats new.

allegro now working (dos mode 3D rendering library)

because it emulated some windows only functions a few definitions in it collided pretty brutally when trying to link stuff to it on windows i renamed the offending definitions with an AL prefix to distinguish it from the windows functions.

also renders SDL OPENGL Direct3d.

OpenEXR HD format image loading.

uses tiff png jpeg jasper lcms libs for images i linked it against the dynamic ones so the dlls are included (reason being some might want those seperatly devil doesnt do all formats to UG) and we reduce overhead by only loading the functions needed.

the jpeg lib is the newest version 7 and had quite a few bugfixes alpha now works like a charm.

if someone wants a standalone version ill cook one up but try it out first.

WARNING! do not use devils tga library if you have flipped images the code we use today in most quake engines have extra functions to flip badly transformed tga's back but devil lacks that function so

it will show those tga's with the wrong side up or even with the backside out (its a bug with older tga implemetations).

model formats supported are numerous it handles mdl wal and doom models for instance.

so theres definatly a good chance you can cut down on some code.

ftp://90.184.233.166:20/Devil.7z