Stupid Fiends

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

What i did was make the ogre use his ammo, and when it run out of it, then it pull off his chainsaw and start running like mad at the player, jumping.... When he use his chainsaw, there is a chance of him holding it on the player, sweeping it to the sides...
I hope my lame english was enough....
#EOP
Tei

Post by Tei »

Gilgamesh wrote:What i did was make the ogre use his ammo, and when it run out of it, then it pull off his chainsaw and start running like mad at the player, jumping.... When he use his chainsaw, there is a chance of him holding it on the player, sweeping it to the sides...
I hope my lame english was enough....
Hum... Interesting.

Another idea can be to add the ability to "steal" your own weapons or ammo... but that whas already on the episode packs :/
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Hey, that's pretty inventive!

Here's some of the changes I've done for TROH:

Grunts: Three flavors with different weapons. (Pistol, Shotgun, MGUN Assault Rifle) Were capable of strafing while shooting and actively attempted to avoid hitting other monsters by strafing. (Though this will probably change) Each flavor had different health and armor.

Enforcer: Two Flavors unless you count MegaEnforcer from Zerstorer. (Energy Blaster with MGUN razortip, Shotgun) These I hadn't modified much because of lack of time.

MegaEnforcer: Changed to Shoulder Plasma Cannon and Grenade Launcher. These guys were pretty badass, even though I didn't have time to enhance them any beyond weaponry.

Ogres: One of my pride and joys, I made them actually use the chainsaw pull cord animation for pre grenade / rocket fire. Three flavors, Ogre (No Armor, MGUN or Pistol plus grenades), Ogre Marksman (Some Armor, Grenade Launcher), Ogre Kaiser (Armor, and Rocket Launcher, sometimes loaded and fired MegaRockets) These guys were entirely too good at killing the player, often only leaving him enough time to look over, see a rocket headed right at his face, say "Oh, Shit!" and then explode into little chunks. >=D

Fiends: Higher overall speed, and pain resistance. There was a subspecies called Daemons. These things moved at ungodly speed(think fiend hunter), and were capable of coughing up an Acid Flak attack.

Somewhat more bland perhaps though.