Cl_Prydoncursor 2

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
Alex

Cl_Prydoncursor 2

Post by Alex »

Hey guys,
I've been trying to use DP's prydoncursor ability with a custom graphic, but can't seem to get it. I've read through the dpextensions.qc and it says that they have to be placed in the gfx folder and named prydoncursor%03i.lmp or tga.

"cl_prydoncursor (0/1+, default 0, 1 and above use cursors named gfx/prydoncursor%03i.lmp - or .tga and such if DP_GFX_EXTERNALTEXTURES is implemented)"

it's the "and such if DP_GFX_EXTERNALTEXTURES is implemented" that's giving me trouble. Is this something that has to be modded on the engine side? Sorry, I'm still a bit confused about client side vs. server side qc... All I want to do is change the cursor from an arrow shape to a crosshair, even a red dot would suffice. Does the original arrow graphic actually exist somewhere as a graphic (if so, I could just replace it) or is it drawn by the engine? Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
leileilol

Re: Cl_Prydoncursor 2

Post by leileilol »

You don't need to implement that in qc. That extension is implemented into DP itself by default.
i should not be here
Alex

Post by Alex »

That's what I figured, but when I tried placing additional graphics under the name, directory, and format specified, I can't seem to get anything to show up. Any value over 1 results in a small checkered image (in other words, none is loaded, like a missing texture). I can get other DP_ExternalTexture things to work, like using a .tga file for a skin for a model in progs, but not this.

Does it have to be a specific size to load properly (maybe my images are too big/small)?

Am I naming the graphics incorrectly? On this point, how would I rename multiple cursor graphics. Say for cl_prydoncursor 3, 4, or 5?

This seems like a no brainer but for some reason I can't get it to work.

Again, any help is appreciated, thanks.
Spike

Post by Spike »

gfx/prydoncursor%03i.lmp

ie:
c:\games\quake\id1\textures\gfx\prydoncursor002.lmp
c:\games\quake\id1\textures\gfx\prydoncursor002.tga
c:\games\quake\id1\textures\gfx\prydoncursor002.png
c:\games\quake\id1\textures\gfx\prydoncursor002.jpeg
Alex

Post by Alex »

Bah, I knew it was something stupid. Thanks a lot. And for anyone else who attempts this, mine worked without the textures folder

C:\Games\Quake\Id1\gfx\prydoncursor.jpeg

Thanks again.