scratch qc problems

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
sniperz227

scratch qc problems

Post by sniperz227 »

Hey sniperz227, ive been trying the qc tutorial and its all compiled well and worked well when i test it but when i try and use it on my psp kurok i get an error message? im pretty sure since the psp and pc verison are different im guessing there is a special function missing:p here's a picture of the error may i also add that the console goes grey and i get a host_error CL_PARSESERVERMESSAGE Illegal Server. Image
drm_wayne

Re: scratch qc problems

Post by drm_wayne »

I cant really read the error messages, but i think i can guess whats the problem:

are you running the "scratch qc" in Quake or in Kurok mode?
try to run it in "Quake" mode and it should work.
sniperz227

Post by sniperz227 »

it didnt work and it says HOST_ERROR CL_PARSESERVERMESSAGE ILLEGAL SERVER
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Yea I think you are right, that is a message that usually means the server is doing something the client dont understand. I have seen where the scoreboard system can cause trouble like that, IE: SVC_SCOREBOARD , where in one instance the server killed you before the service had a change to update frags to all the clients and I guess get an affirmation. It can be tricky to troubleshoot, and in this case with me it was like a one in 9 million chance I would ever see it happen again, and merely reconnecting ' fixed ' it.