QuakeC compiler for mac?

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
clejs

QuakeC compiler for mac?

Post by clejs »

Hello!
Is there any QuakeC compiler that will work on a mac with powerpc processor and mac osx?
Thank you!
toneddu2000

Re: QuakeC compiler for mac?

Post by toneddu2000 »

Here you can find Tiger version of fteqcc, but I unfortunately think it's only for Intel Mac.
I can say more: I tried that version on Snow Leopard Intel Mac and it didn't work either!
After two hours of imprecations I installed Virtual Box with an Ubuntu guest on my Mac and I solved
(you can put quakec source and fteqcc in a shared folder to speed up compiling/testing process)
I'm sorry I can't be more of help but this was the only success I had for the combination Mac + quakec
Meadow Fun!! - my first commercial game, made with FTEQW game engine
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

toneddu2000 wrote:Here you can find Tiger version of fteqcc, but I unfortunately think it's only for Intel Mac.
I can say more: I tried that version on Snow Leopard Intel Mac and it didn't work either!
After two hours of imprecations I installed Virtual Box with an Ubuntu guest on my Mac and I solved
(you can put quakec source and fteqcc in a shared folder to speed up compiling/testing process)
I'm sorry I can't be more of help but this was the only success I had for the combination Mac + quakec
Mac + just about anything = fail...
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

p0x also has a frikqcc for mac compiled for PPC
ceriux wrote:Mac + just about anything = fail...
you get out right now
i should not be here
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

leileilol wrote:p0x also has a frikqcc for mac compiled for PPC
ceriux wrote:Mac + just about anything = fail...
you get out right now

hah , id like mac if more was supported on it. however id still much prefer linux.
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

you just had to say this ceriux? couldn't just think it?

anyway, you can run most Quake tools in Wine to get them working on Mac & Linux & BSD.

http://www.winehq.org/

Edit: I just googled for Wine on PowerPC macs, and it seems it doesn't work very well. Sorry, I just assumed it would work. :?