removing body parts when shot

Discuss programming in the QuakeC language.
DukeInstinct

Re: removing body parts when shot

Post by DukeInstinct »

thommoboy wrote:hahahahahaha not funny im learning you can't say you were born with a computer in your hands coding quake c can you?
I was born before Quake was released so no, but I can say 95% of all my programming knowledge comes from self learning instead of constantly asking questions on a forum.
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

DukeInstinct wrote:
thommoboy wrote:hahahahahaha not funny im learning you can't say you were born with a computer in your hands coding quake c can you?
I was born before Quake was released so no, but I can say 95% of all my programming knowledge comes from self learning instead of constantly asking questions on a forum.
im more of a visual learner like asking people to explain it then i would go off and do it iff i mess up i will try and fix it
Jukki

Post by Jukki »

Umm. Just saying. Copying someones code to your game is not much rewarding than doong it your self. In example I added png, pcx, tga, and bmp support for nzp from darkquake. I studied the code for whole day before I even did anything. Learnt prety well how quake does texture uploading and stuff. Ok then I just grabed darkquaake wnginenand started porting code. Throught tons of errors (not just compiler) i finaly sucesed. Half of this time
I basicaly just tried to figure out that wtf is wrong. Why so? Because i had no idea how this new code worked. I just copypasted the code. Did see any post from me here about this? NO. I fixed something totaly unkown to me my self ans that made me very happy :D

I still suggest to start from something easier. When i started with nzp I made small things like money system, edited weapons abit and stuff like that. And read thouse tutorials....

thommoboy wrote:
DukeInstinct wrote:
im more of a visual learner like asking people to explain it then i would go off and do it iff i mess up i will try and fix it
Well what have you learnt now??
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

Jukki wrote:Umm. Just saying. Copying someones code to your game is not much rewarding than doong it your self. In example I added png, pcx, tga, and bmp support for nzp from darkquake. I studied the code for whole day before I even did anything. Learnt prety well how quake does texture uploading and stuff. Ok then I just grabed darkquaake wnginenand started porting code. Throught tons of errors (not just compiler) i finaly sucesed. Half of this time
I basicaly just tried to figure out that wtf is wrong. Why so? Because i had no idea how this new code worked. I just copypasted the code. Did see any post from me here about this? NO. I fixed something totaly unkown to me my self ans that made me very happy :D

I still suggest to start from something easier. When i started with nzp I made small things like money system, edited weapons abit and stuff like that. And read thouse tutorials....

i taught myself how to:
make enemies have multiple idle, attack and other sounds,
How to add weapons
how to add monsters(with one question)
and a couple more which i cannot think of right now
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

DukeInstinct wrote:He probably just straight up copied and pasted with the setmodel line still commented out. I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever.
I copy and pasted some xorg.conf snippet yesterday and ended up with my keyboard being set to Dvorak yesterday. me < thommoboy, damn.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

would you all be pissed if i released it and it just shot off body parts is you hit it anywhere?
DukeInstinct

Post by DukeInstinct »

Oh yes, because we are all just dying to play your rip off of dead space and would really care about "small" details like that one.
sniperz227

Post by sniperz227 »

thommoboy wrote:
Jukki wrote:Umm. Just saying. Copying someones code to your game is not much rewarding than doong it your self. In example I added png, pcx, tga, and bmp support for nzp from darkquake. I studied the code for whole day before I even did anything. Learnt prety well how quake does texture uploading and stuff. Ok then I just grabed darkquaake wnginenand started porting code. Throught tons of errors (not just compiler) i finaly sucesed. Half of this time

i taught myself how to:
How to add weapons
oh really you learnt how to add weapons by yourself you sure you didn't go in the at6 tutorial section and use the adding weapons in Quake tutororial> because that would explain your comment in there saying "wheres weapons.qc?" and constant messages to me about helping you with that. Atleast be honest so others would want to help you i pitied you thats why i helped you but seeing as you probably did not teach yourself any of that and claim you have i have lost all respect for you
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

since when did you have respect for me snipers and duke just give up with your taunts its not working and you look like a dick
thommoboy

Post by thommoboy »

sniperz227 wrote:
thommoboy wrote:

i taught myself how to:
How to add weapons
oh really you learnt how to add weapons by yourself you sure you didn't go in the at6 tutorial section and use the adding weapons in Quake tutororial> because that would explain your comment in there saying "wheres weapons.qc?" and constant messages to me about helping you with that. Atleast be honest so others would want to help you i pitied you thats why i helped you but seeing as you probably did not teach yourself any of that and claim you have i have lost all respect for you
oh and no i didnt use your crappy always crashing adding weapons code XD
sniperz227

Post by sniperz227 »

oh and no i didnt use your crappy always crashing adding weapons code XD[/quote]

crappy crashing code ? it's not the code that's dumb it the coder a.k.a you because i have had a lot of people give me ggod feedback on that code and tell me the tutorial worked for them so it shows you clearly can't code and 2. see this is what you should do thommo give credit: most of the code i did was taught to me by Ghost_Fang a very high skilled coder and mexicouger another high skilled coder and the man that made revamped if you've been in the psp long enough probably a really high skilled coder who also made the engine that supports external textures and much more and nzp and l4q use a modified version of that engine so before you call code crappy you should think about who made it. Your clearly the idiot here that can't do shit for himself and thinks he's oh so good because he's copying and pasting other peoples code off inside3d and making a "game" off of that.
sniperz227

Post by sniperz227 »

sniperz227 wrote:

crappy crashing code ? it's not the code that's dumb it the coder a.k.a you because i have had a lot of people give me ggod feedback on that code and tell me the tutorial worked for them so it shows you clearly can't code and 2. see this is what you should do thommo give credit: most of the code i did was taught to me by Ghost_Fang a very high skilled coder and mexicouger another high skilled coder and the man that made revamped if you've been in the psp long enough probably a really high skilled coder who also made the engine that supports external textures and much more and nzp and l4q use a modified version of that engine so before you call code crappy you should think about who made it. Your clearly the idiot here that can't do shit for himself and thinks he's oh so good because he's copying and pasting other peoples code off inside3d and making a "game" off of that.
sniperz227

Post by sniperz227 »

sniperz227 wrote:
sniperz227 wrote:

DukeInstinct

Post by DukeInstinct »

thommoboy wrote:oh and no i didnt use your crappy always crashing adding weapons code XD
How would you know it "crashes" if you supposedly didn't use it? Mhmm, sour about that copy and pasted code crashing on you because you probably put it in the wrong place.

Maybe you shouldn't be asking for other people's help if you're going to insult the very thing you want.
Ghost_Fang

Post by Ghost_Fang »

thommoboy wrote: oh and no i didnt use your crappy always crashing adding weapons code XD
well if I make 2 assumptions, 1.You used the weapons.qc in its entirety from him, 2. You are using kurok psp engine, I can tell you that you probably didn't delete TE_EXPLOSION from anything that calls it. TE_EXPLOSION crashes kurok psp. But if thats not the case you probably did something wrong. Thanks for the compliment snipers! :D
DukeInstinct wrote:Oh yes, because we are all just dying to play your rip off of dead space and would really care about "small" details like that one.
And Duke, that made me laugh lol